Now you CAN invest in green funds and make a big profit: Ethical stocks no longer mean pitiful returns
Ethical or green funds have earned a terrible reputation. Performance on some of them has been diabolical as savers have missed out on some of the stellar returns from companies which the funds aren't allowed to invest in, such as tobacco stocks and banks.
Its forced investors to make a choice: have a decent return or a clean conscience. But in recent years the performance on some ethical investments has driven buyers into a rethink, to such an extent that a recent analysis by TD Direct Investing discovered that of the of 25 best-performing British funds over the past five years, three were... read more
- 08:23 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:22 HK stocks hit 2-wk low on Italian "no" vote, muted response to...
- 08:21 BMW workers remotely lock stolen car – with the thief still inside it
- 08:20 North East workers most optimistic about careers after Brexit,...
- 08:20 Bells will be ringing out for Christmas...
- 08:20 WATCH: Sneak preview of Last Tango in Halifax Christmas special
- 08:19 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp insists his side do not have an...
- 08:18 Penarth neighbours create 'living' advent calendar
- 08:18 Barrow 'superstar' brothers up for festive prize in Christmas Star...
- 08:18 Storm Desmond - what happened
- 08:18 Early Christmas present for Barrow teenage girl with cerebral palsy...
- 08:18 Pledge to stop elderly patients leaving Barrow hospital in the dark
- 08:18 Choking Ulverston barman made to wait 50 minutes for an ambulance
- 08:17 RBS settles three claims over 2008 fund raising
- 08:16 Drivers warned to beware on icy North East roads
- 08:15 McDonald’s worker installed spy camera in the women’s toilets
- 08:15 British tour company worker stabbed to death in Finland
- 08:15 Fiver campaigner seeks bank of England meeting
- 08:14 UK health firm Cambian to sell adult services unit for 377 mln stg
- 08:13 Lancaster antiques centre expands after popular furniture dealer...
- 08:13 Alexis Sanchez is now convinced his best position is as a striker,...
- 08:13 Proposed boundary changes divide local Labour parties
- 08:13 ‘My dream job’ - Teen spends a day working on Blue Peter
- 08:13 Tributes to David Jack, 78, who had Lions club 'running through him...
- 08:13 One lane closed after accident on M6 Northbound (Junctions 36-37)
- 08:13 Engineers of the future from Lancaster Royal Grammar School win...
- 08:10 WWE TLC results: AJ Styles splits tights but beats Dean Ambrose to...
- 08:09 Can you stay away if your workplace is too cold?
- 08:08 Floral tributes left where teenager was killed in Telford crash
- 08:07 18 things that happen on your first day as an elf at Santa’s workshop