Now university offers a degree in Pokemon: Lecturer says the game makes the business information technology course more 'accessible'
Students are being allowed to play mobile phone game Pokemon Go as part of their degree course.
Salford University says the game, in which players seek out virtual animated characters in real-world locations, will make its business information technology course more ‘accessible’.
But critics claim the move is indicative of the dumbing down of degrees – a charge Salford lecturer David Kreps denies.
He said: ‘We want new students to feel that our subject is accessible and easy to grasp.
'Pokemon Go fits perfectly with that.
'It uses various information systems that are accessed over... read more
- 10:31 Broken down vehicle on northbound M6
- 10:31 UK consumer morale softens in first quarter on price worries -...
- 10:31 Woolworths COULD be returning to the high street soon - according...
- 10:31 Banks boost FTSE as French election ignites risk-on rally
- 10:31 The former Forest Mills lace factory could soon look like this
- 10:30 Police warning over increase in waste fires in Bispham
- 10:30 Aston Villa analysis: The game-changer, the rock, the star man and...
- 10:30 Sainsbury's shoppers can earn 10 TIMES more Nectar points over May...
- 10:30 West Brom academy teams 'victims of own success' this season
- 10:30 Maikel Kieftenbeld's rallying call as Birmingham City fight to...
- 10:29 Luis Suarez hails Lionel Messi after Barcelona star nets 500th club...
- 10:29 Yaya Toure wants to play Manchester derby without a referee as he...
- 10:29 May the force be with you at Louth Library
- 10:28 Work starts on new £3.8m visitor centre
- 10:28 Cumbrian nature lovers get close to TV's Simon
- 10:27 Fire crews called out to tree and car fires in Leamington
- 10:27 Meet the intersex model who is rocking the fashion industry
- 10:26 Doncaster mayoral election: what matters to you
- 10:26 VIDEO: As Red Arrows return to Doncaster, watch amazing vintage...
- 10:26 Teenage cyclist ‘hacked to death by gang with machetes’
- 10:26 Man dies after being hit by train at Manor Road station
- 10:25 Pools axe Dave Jones and turn to ‘Fab Four’ to save League status
- 10:25 Hartlepool United confirm Dave Jones' departure as club battle for...
- 10:25 Appeal to find bike stolen in Morecambe
- 10:24 Tumble drier sparks house blaze
- 10:24 School kids could meet Barack Obama in Edinburgh as they compete...
- 10:23 Liverpool's dire record against the Premier League's bottom-half...
- 10:23 Annie Fanny, Nic Dakin and other Scunthorpe runners smash London...
- 10:23 Fire crew called out to road traffic collision
- 10:23 EXCLUSIVE: Chesterfield Hotel is sold