Now the EU grants Brussels committee a jaw-dropping £27,000 to spend on TEA and BISCUITS
The European Parliament’s budget committee voted to give the Committee of the Regions (CoR) the five-figure sum to pay for “snacks” and “water, coffee and tea for interpreters and participants” at meetings.
The CoR is made up of 350 elected members from around the failing superstate and meets just six times a year to discuss reports and issue “opinions on its own initiative”, according to the EU’s website.
MEPs – who cannot propose laws – voted 21-15 in favour to call on the Parliament to reallocate £38,000 (€44,000) of the CoR’s budget for 2016.
A report on the CoR’s budget recommended... read more
- 03:11 'It's not enough, but it's a start' - 11 things you said about NHS...
- 02:58 Roadworks latest: Where to expect delays on Friday, March 23, in...
- 02:47 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping blights Merthyr Tydfil
- 02:43 Government knife crime campaign uses teenagers' true stories
- 02:43 Streets remain cordoned off after Glasgow nightclub fire
- 02:36 Classic Brit awards to make comeback after five-year absence
- 02:29 China considers possible tariffs on $3bn worth of US goods
- 02:29 Tropical Cyclone Nora on track to hit Queensland coast as category...
- 02:14 Donald Trump’s ‘Playboy playmate ex-mistress’ apologizes to Melania...
- 02:06 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:59 Call for buyers to keep Salvador Dalí's lobster phone in UK
- 01:48 China promises to hit US with tariffs as stocks plunge amid fear of...
- 01:46 John Bolton: Bush-era war hawk makes comeback
- 01:45 Worksop man jailed for drink and drug-fuelled attack
- 01:45 Gareth Southgate says England cannot point finger at Russia over...
- 01:41 The Walking Dead's make-up man on the art of gore
- 01:41 Florida shooting: Why I'm marching on Washington DC
- 01:40 Bill Carmichael: The driving force behind Brexit deal
- 01:36 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:36 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:34 The Yorkshire Post says: May warns EU over Russia - PM seeks...
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he loved her’
- 01:33 Donald Trump ‘told Playboy playmate mistress he hated using condoms’
- 01:28 Westminster bullying: 'MPs must not discipline one another'
- 01:25 Sellafield Ltd's 11.7 per cent gender pay gap revealed
- 01:25 Hawkshead Brewery founders take top accolade at Cumbria Life Food...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: House price fears - Shortage of homes in...
- 01:25 The Yorkshire Post says: Stately restoration - Chatsworth reopens...
- 01:23 Drunk friends can’t recall what started brawl in Mansfield town centre
- 01:23 Worksop assault woman’s dog bit female cop