Notts domestic violence prosecutions fall by a third
0 Have your say A drop by almost a third in the number of prosecutions for domestic violence could be due to a reduction in resources, rather than the crime itself - a law firm has warned.
Nottinghamshire Police has had one of the largest decreases in domestic violence prosecutions in the country of -28 per cent - a reduction from 1,248 between December 29 2014 to June 30 2015 to 900 in the same time period a year later. That is not necessarily a good thing according to Simpson Millar solicitors.
Emma Pearmaine, director of family services at the firm said: “For several years we have seen a... read more
- 10:20 Arsonists torch car in Maryport
- 10:20 Ant McPartlin’s wife Lisa Armstrong breaks cover to debut new...
- 10:19 Jamie Redknapp makes HUGE claim over Mesut Ozil's Arsenal future
- 10:19 Dixons Carphone pulls back profit prediction despite solid...
- 10:19 Could you give big, beautiful Chloe a new home?
- 10:19 Two search and rescue operations launched over 'concerns for safety'
- 10:19 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:19 Bid to house Syrian refugees in Lincolnshire
- 10:18 Princess Eugenie announces engagement to Jack Brooksbank
- 10:18 Cristiano Ronaldo trash talks Lionel Messi with Real Madrid mascots
- 10:18 When is the WWE Royal Rumble 2018? Matches, UK TV channel, odds and...
- 10:17 Derby County midfielder Jamie Hanson a 'transfer target' for Bolton...
- 10:17 Japanese flu symptoms - a dry cough could be a sign that you’re...
- 10:17 Blackpool FC legend Jimmy Armfield dies after cancer battle
- 10:17 How often should you have a smear test, what age should you start...
- 10:15 Novak Djokovic: Greg Rusedski makes surprise claim during the...
- 10:15 Ryan Sessegnon next club: Tottenham, Man Utd and Arsenal tipped to...
- 10:15 Where are the best gastropubs in Lancashire?
- 10:15 Liverpool decide they will try to beat Arsenal to Thomas Lemar...
- 10:15 VIDEO: Dancers put best feet forward at Tapathon
- 10:15 'Airline poo' falls on India village causing confusion
- 10:14 Sunderland youngsters show the way ahead for Chris Coleman
- 10:14 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:14 Lancashire court listings - Monday, January 22, 2018
- 10:13 Abuse toll on the rise in the borough
- 10:13 Sellafield firefighters on strike today
- 10:13 Praise for emergency services after eight-car collision near Ripon
- 10:13 Driver failed breath test after car sleep
- 10:12 Coastguard rescue teams search for missing Blackhall man
- 10:12 Motorbike and tools stolen from farm near Kettering