Notts domestic violence prosecutions fall by a third
0 Have your say A drop by almost a third in the number of prosecutions for domestic violence could be due to a reduction in resources, rather than the crime itself - a law firm has warned.
Nottinghamshire Police has had one of the largest decreases in domestic violence prosecutions in the country of -28 per cent - a reduction from 1,248 between December 29 2014 to June 30 2015 to 900 in the same time period a year later. That is not necessarily a good thing according to Simpson Millar solicitors.
Emma Pearmaine, director of family services at the firm said: “For several years we have seen a... read more
- 18:23 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Plans to demolish Crosby Primary School
- 18:22 Seasonal songs at town concert in Spilsby
- 18:22 Gary Rowett: how Burton Albion helped get full-time football out of...
- 18:22 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 18:22 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Nottinghamshire Police given £1m to set up business crime hub
- 18:22 Heartbroken parents face devastating Christmas after death of...
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton
- 18:04 Know your place, robots! Brain study from Google AI lab could help...
- 18:04 Incredible X-rays show how lithium-ion batteries explode: Gas...
- 18:04 Real Madrid v Borussia Dortmund, UEFA Champions League LIVE: Follow...
- 18:04 Brendan Rodgers hoping respectable Champions League campaign...