Nottinghamshire Police detention officer assaulted handcuffed man in custody
A detention officer from Nottinghamshire Police who assaulted a handcuffed man in custody has been given an 18-month conditional discharge after being found guilty.
David Flint, 47, was found guilty of assault against the male prisoner in the custody suite at Mansfield Police Station on November 4,2015.
The court was told that Flint was motivated as a result of the same prisoner spitting at him during a separate period of detention on a previous date.
Read more: Framework sleep-out cancelled due to fears of sabotage by activists
Flint denied common assault, claiming to have used reasonable... read more
- 10:30 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:30 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston
- 10:29 Video: Full route for 2017 Tour de Yorkshire cycle race
- 10:28 City Hospital bosses should be ashamed over Archway of Tears...
- 10:28 QUIZ: Sweeter side of 'have cake and eat it'
- 10:28 Scientists say nuts to heart disease
- 10:28 QUIZ: Mark World Ninja Day by checking which keyboard warrior you are
- 10:28 New future for Birmingham's Axis building unveiled
- 10:27 Afghan migrant arrested after rape and murder of EU official’s...
- 10:26 Crash blocks off A151 in Lincolnshire town
- 10:25 Japan PM to visit Hawaii to remember Pearl Harbor victims with Obama
- 10:24 The best seats in the sky: Top 10 airline cabins for first,...
- 10:23 Greece can be competitive once makes reforms - Schaeuble
- 10:22 Bad Aibling train crash: German controller jailed
- 10:22 Bin set alight on Doncaster playground
- 10:22 Lorry catches alight on M1
- 10:22 Couple appeal for help to identify their dog's mystery illness
- 10:20 47-year-old man charged with maritime offence as man remains...
- 10:20 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:20 Horton’s Endoscopy unit opens after £2.7 million revamp
- 10:19 Swadlincote salon appeals for help raising money for community...
- 10:19 Find out the locations of speed cameras across Derbyshire this week
- 10:19 New study reveals lack of awareness from parents at spotting...
- 10:19 FEATURE: Case studies of exotic pets rescued by Ark Wildlife Park
- 10:18 Bank announces shock closure of 14 branches
- 10:17 This website will find you freelancers who’ll work for free
- 10:16 Man arrested following high street bank robbery
- 10:15 DEBATE: Should drug booths be set up in nightclubs?
- 10:15 ''I'll leave rubbish at Council House!' - anger at NO Derby bin...
- 10:14 Update 4.40pm: Man dies in road accident at Sibsey, near Boston