Nottinghamshire drivers should take care when driving past horses
0 Have your say County chiefs are urging motorists to take care when passing horses on the road.
Nottinghamshire County Council and the county’s Police and Crime Commissioner are backing a campaign to encourage motorists to be mindful of people riding horses on local roads.
The Horse Awareness Campaign has been set up by riders to remind drivers of their duty of care towards both horses and riders.
The council is providing a £540 grant to make reflective armbands available to riders, which are designed to be strapped to their arms and can contain medical information such as emergency... read more
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...
- 01:10 Chris Eubank Jnr heading back home to the UK after three months in...
- 01:10 Casino stocks fall after report of ATM cash withdrawal limit in Macau
- 01:10 Asian shares flat but on track for weekly gains
- 01:06 Children of 'just managing families left out by grammars'
- 00:58 New blood test could aid spotting early signs of lung cancer
- 00:55 Ultra runner tops 100-mile mark in 24-hour challenge
- 00:55 Self-harm hospital admissions of children show 'frightening rise'
- 00:55 Ajax's Europa League tie at Standard Liege marred by crowd trouble...
- 00:55 Charlie Austin to miss Southampton game against Middlesbrough,...
- 00:53 See inside Apple's spaceship: Leaked images reveal floor-to-ceiling...
- 00:43 Trump picks Andrew Puzder to lead US Department of Labor
- 00:43 Boys three times more likely to have science toys than girls
- 00:41 U.N. urges Myanmar's Suu Kyi to visit country's divided northwest
- 00:37 Cyber threat underestimated despite risks as high as burglary,...
- 00:37 Youth arrested in double murder probe after death of man and teenager
- 00:37 Lung cancer test may show signs of disease up to five years...
- 00:37 Social media helping fuel nation of 'deeply unhappy' children,...
- 00:37 Boris Johnson to visit Middle East after Saudi Arabia 'proxy...