Nottingham Forest legend Stuart Pearce's Carlsberg advert banned
An advert featuring Nottingham Forest and England legend Stuart Pearce has been banned, after it fell foul of advertising rules.
The campaign from Carlsberg, shows Pearce disguised as a delivery driver, with the 54-year-old and his driver turning up on a building site.
However, the Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) banned the advert prior to Euro 2016 as it was deemed to irresponsible.
The actor who plays the delivery driver arrives on site, speaking to one of the on-site operatives: "We've got a drop for Paul, mate, alright?"
One of the builders replies by saying: "No!... read more
- 15:03 Man had facial injuries after assault in Chesterfield bar
- 15:03 Joe Schmidt extends stay as Ireland head coach
- 15:03 Warwickshire trading standards: ‘ham and cheese’ pizzas did not...
- 15:03 Sikh temple incident update: one man cautioned as investigation...
- 15:02 Babies should share bedroom with parents - but in their own bed
- 15:02 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:02 The Centre Project, Granby Street, warns it will have to close –...
- 15:02 BFI research shows cinema-goers in Grimsby really liked 50 Shades...
- 15:02 Man suffers facial injuries in robbery outside Asda
- 15:02 Ward closed at Grimsby hospital due to diarrhoea and vomiting
- 15:01 Morrisons launches in-store pumpkin carving lessons for parents
- 15:00 Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- 14:59 Man City duo miss out on Golden Boy award
- 14:58 On the Wildside
- 14:58 Some SWIFT thinking has helped to reduce spillage from seed feeders
- 14:58 Young artist competition winners
- 14:58 Jus Rol site has been bought by bakery group
- 14:57 Tweed boat trips could play bigger role in town
- 14:57 Bid to create the North East’s first underwater dive trail
- 14:57 Puppy Charlie to have his life-saving operation, thanks to...
- 14:56 Chatburn woman dies in house blaze
- 14:56 Rugby Rotary Clubs join forces to tackle polio
- 14:56 Hunt for man who snatched woman’s iPhone as she sat at Blackpool...
- 14:55 Arrest over chemical alert at London City Airport
- 14:55 PC Semple murder: Witness heard 'someone throwing up on the carpet'
- 14:54 Would-be thief’s blood laid trail for police in Mansfield
- 14:54 Brexit knock-on not directly hitting local business
- 14:53 Extra brown bin collections during November in Wellingborough
- 14:53 Developer hoping to retain heritage of Rushden factory with new flats
- 14:53 15 things we all do the week before payday