Nottingham branch of Ed's Easy Diner is saved from closure
Ed's Easy Diner in Nottingham's intu Victoria Centre has been saved from closure after it was taken over by the owner of the Giraffe restaurant chain.
Part of the 1950s American diner-themed restaurant chain has been bought by Giraffe Concepts, owned by food industry tycoon Ranjit Singh Boparan, it was announced on Wednesday.
The purchase, for an undisclosed sum, involves the brand, 33 of the 59 Ed's Easy Diner restaurants and head office team, securing about 700 jobs.
This includes the Nottingham branch, meaning it will not join the 26 restaurants that will close, leading to a reported 379... read more
- 03:41 Times distorted Muslim foster case, regulator finds
- 03:41 Katie Cast: Childhood, Instagram and quick-fire questions as Katie...
- 03:23 UB40 betrayed me - Ali Campbell
- 03:19 Third US judge orders Daca restarted, saying new applicants must be...
- 03:15 Danniella Westbrook 'arrested for driving offences in Malaga'... as...
- 03:15 Jess Wright supports sister-in-law Michelle Keegan as actress makes...
- 03:15 Sheridan Smith EXCLUSIVE: Singer gives cryptic shout-out to 'her...
- 03:15 Imogen Thomas 'SPLITS from Adam Horsley': Big Brother star 'feeling...
- 03:15 Trying to get someone's attention? Iggy Azalea shows off her ample...
- 03:15 Lydia Bright showcases her fruity side in a novelty hat and bold...
- 03:15 Kris Jenner slams claims she is fighting with Kanye West over him...
- 03:15 Kylie Jenner showcases hourglass curves in skintight jersey dress...
- 03:08 Blue palace: Blenheim to celebrate colour visionary Yves Klein
- 03:06 Shire board recommends £46bn takeover by Japanese drugmaker Takeda
- 02:41 Meek Mill, choppered to arena after prison release, rings bell at...
- 02:35 Vanuatu: landslide and flash flood hampers relief effort on Ambae
- 02:29 Letter from Africa: Why I back the Swazi king's nation change
- 02:16 Emmerdale spoilers: Ross Barton vows to kill Simon after he is...
- 02:02 Robert Doyle: second sexual harassment investigation 'inconclusive'
- 01:39 Ten-year-old ice skater Jayden Orr 'died in seconds'
- 01:39 Sexual violence guide created for Scottish universities
- 01:35 Northampton couple ink each other for MTV's 'Just Tattoo of Us'...
- 01:32 The Yorkshire Dales farmer helping asylum seekers
- 01:25 Meek Mill, rapper whose imprisonment sparked outcry, released on bail
- 01:24 How can businesses tackle sexual harassment?
- 01:24 Blossoms on the essence of cool
- 01:24 Reality Check: Who controls your data?
- 01:24 Will Salisbury ever recover from the Skripal poisoning?
- 01:19 Trump sending treasury secretary to China as trade tensions mount
- 01:12 Party leaders urge Theresa May to act on childhood obesity