Not forbidden to "help banks reflect" on Paris move after Brexit - Sapin
France is helping banks and financial institutions to consider a move from London to Paris after Britain voted to leave the European Union, the French finance minister said on Monday.
The French authorities are eager to attract financial firms from London after Britain's EU exit vote and have already offered to handle their files in English if they decide to move to the French capital.
Asked whether France has more concrete plans to attract banks from London, Michel Sapin said: "Large financial institutions make their decisions autonomously."
"But it's not prohibited to help... read more
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster
- 00:32 Why this India priest carried an 'untouchable' into a temple
- 00:30 Steven Pienaar sees Football Welcomes as great way to bring people...
- 00:29 Europe migrants: Austria to seize migrants' phones in asylum clampdown
- 00:27 The Amazon’s solar-powered river bus
- 00:25 Five ways China's past has shaped its present
- 00:24 Fenerbahce vs Besiktas Turkish Cup semi-final second leg abandoned...