'Not fit for purpose: Telford & Wrekin Council should be abolished, says MP in A&E row
0 Comments Mr Paterson called for a single unitary council “working for the good of the whole of Shropshire”.
In a scathing attack on Telford & Wrekin, the MP criticised its handling of the NHS Future Fit process.
He said the council’s decision to threaten a legal challenge to the review of hospital services in the county had caused further damaging delays.
Telford & Wrekin threatened a judicial review after it became clear the favoured option was to close the A&E unit at the town’s Princess Royal Hospital and move its £28 million Women and Children’s Unit to Royal Shrewsbury... read more
- 09:56 Rio Ferdinand reveals the heartbreaking question he would have...
- 09:56 Warwick man’s livelihood put on hold by van fire
- 09:55 Parents are banned from shouting on the touchline in new football...
- 09:55 Calling all budding newshounds!
- 09:55 Storm Brian officially named as 'weather bomb' heads for North Wales
- 09:55 Trader to be sentenced for selling Kodi TV boxes in North Yorkshire
- 09:54 Javier Hernandez expected to be fit for West Ham’s clash with Brighton
- 09:54 Could Sephora's first UK store be coming to Nottingham?
- 09:54 Making a big difference to streets
- 09:54 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:52 Sam Smith announces North East tour date
- 09:52 Street robber who struck weeks after earlier knife crime to be...
- 09:52 Record-breaking Gary to receive freedom of Copeland today
- 09:51 Example comes to Market Harborough
- 09:50 Arsenal expected XI: Who will make Arsene Wenger’s 3-4-3 to face...
- 09:50 Birmingham child protection service remains inadequate but on track...
- 09:50 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:50 Baby girl born with a giant red BALLOON-like mass on her face could...
- 09:50 Schools defend performance in recent draft scores: ‘We’re all...
- 09:50 Is this Mexican boy the world's FATTEST baby? 10-month-old who is...
- 09:50 Grandmother who felt 'disfigured' following a double mastectomy,...
- 09:49 Brummie Apprentice star James White strips off - and fans are...
- 09:49 Motorists warned of long delays as concrete block causes havoc on...
- 09:48 Warwick man’s livelihood put on hold by van fire
- 09:48 Government borrowing at lowest September level for 10 years
- 09:47 Storm Brian 2017: DAYS of downpours forecast as 'weatherbomb' strikes
- 09:47 South Yorkshire trio in court over burglary and vehicle theft
- 09:47 Football legend Alan Shearer coming to Doncaster
- 09:47 Baby boy weighs as much as 9-year-old due to rare condition
- 09:47 MP: Travellers review ‘is urgently required’