Nostalgic pictures of children's climbing frames from the Broadmarsh Centre surface
Nostalgic pictures of wooden climbing frames for children that used to be based in the Broadmarsh Centre have surfaced.
The pictures, which were taken in 1973 in the shopping centre, show a wooden caterpillar and a wooden frog, apparatus that used to keep children occupied whilst mums and dads were busy shopping.
The children would climb in through the back end of the wooden insect and fall out through its mouth.
Read more: New sofa retailer set to move into former BHS site in Nottingham
Photographer Ed Dexter took the image in the 1970s, he said: "There were a few climbing frames in... read more
- 14:12 Alnmouth one-way system set to start
- 14:12 Operation Checkpoint chalks up another success
- 14:12 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:11 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:11 Greg Lake dies at 69: One of his last interviews 'ELP were never...
- 14:11 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:11 Help for Mansfield woman with 20-year drug habit
- 14:11 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:11 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 14:11 Futures flat ahead of ECB rate decision
- 14:10 FEATURE: New station will be gateway to Doncaster's future
- 14:10 New lease deal saves Lancaster children’s centre
- 14:10 Tom Heaton set to return for Burnley’s clash with Bournemouth
- 14:10 Boston and Skegness MP backs Government plans for Brexit
- 14:10 Your dazzling Christmas trees - Pictures
- 14:10 British Steel pension scheme proposals welcomed by trustees
- 14:09 Property: Mini estate with old mill on the market in Borders
- 14:08 Man jailed for 14 years for series of sexual assaults and rapes of...
- 14:08 Anarchist group claims it was behind massive flood in Angel
- 14:08 David Seaman: Why Arsenal can beat Chelsea to the Premier League title
- 14:07 Child car seats recalled
- 14:07 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:07 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:07 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:07 Royal Navy sports success for local man
- 14:04 Clinton fan's 'Pantsuit Drive' for homeless job seekers
- 14:03 Is Mablethorpe woman the oldest in the world with Down Syndrome at 81?
- 14:03 Louth Tractors set to support Air Ambulance
- 14:03 Sufferers of schizophrenia 'may have a treatable immune disorder'...
- 14:03 Refusing to give IVF to couples who are struggling to conceive is...