Norway's wealth fund says sterling flash crash reflects expectations of UK economy
Friday's flash crash in sterling was a correct move that reflected the expectations of the UK economy, a senior official at Norway's sovereign wealth fund, the world's largest, told Reuters on Tuesday.
The fund is one of Britain's biggest foreign investors, owning shares in most top UK companies and holding $11 billion in government bonds. It co-owns Regent Street, one of London's premier shopping streets.
Conversely, Britain is crucial to the fund as its second-largest investment location after the United States, accounting for 10.2 percent of the fund's value at end-2015.
"It (the... read more
- 10:26 Man due in court over fatal stabbing in east London
- 10:26 Hundreds seeking compensation over ops by convicted breast surgeon
- 10:26 Theresa May commits to delivering HS2 rail link
- 10:25 CCTV of moment sex attacker stalked victim hours before marrying...
- 10:25 Bar flouts food safety laws by selling cheaper version of spirit
- 10:25 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:24 Teens jump 20ft from window to escape armed intruder who planned to...
- 10:24 Take a look at David Beckham as he swaps the football kit for a...
- 10:24 Celebrating boxing's greatest fight nights in Britain
- 10:22 Katie Price reveals she lets her kids poo in her garden because she...
- 10:21 Hospital kitchen staff serve up five-star food rating for patients
- 10:21 The Nostalgia Column with Margaret Watson
- 10:19 Troy Deeney uses Eric Bailly as an example to perfectly explain...
- 10:19 Chester knitters invited to get crafty for Age UK fundraising appeal
- 10:19 Teenage girl raped in Northumberland park
- 10:18 Real Madrid have launched 'Operation David de Gea’… so is this the...
- 10:18 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:18 Barcelona and Espanyol's derby showdown has more bad blood than...
- 10:18 Gillingham suspend striker Donnelly ahead of crucial Cobblers clash
- 10:17 Traffic and travel for Leicestershire - updates
- 10:17 Vaisakhi parade: Biggest Sikh event of the year to bring thousands...
- 10:17 Live updates as police 'incident' on Humber Bridge causes traffic...
- 10:16 Transfer News: Man United's £40m talks, Chelsea stars' meeting,...
- 10:16 May Day bank holiday misery for Furness train travellers this weekend
- 10:16 Tour de Yorkshire: Day Two live blog
- 10:15 Notorious Afghan warlord calls for peace in first public speech
- 10:15 Tony Ferguson: Nate Diaz, you're f**king scared homie
- 10:15 Victims of sick surgeon who butchered women’s breasts to...
- 10:15 Tour de Yorkshire Day 1: Thrills and spills at the seaside
- 10:13 Is this the new Celtic top? Hoops fans LOVE potential home kit for...