Northumbria hospitals among best performing in England during NHS winter crisis
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust was one of the only trusts in the country which kept bed occupancy at a safe level over the festive period, according to the latest NHS data.
The Trust's beds were 76% full on average in the week leading up to the New Year, well below the recommended upper limit of 85%.
Of 890 total available beds, 749 were in use on average between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve.
The figures show two of these were 'escalation beds', temporary beds set up in periods of intense pressure. These are sometimes placed in areas not usually used for hospital patients,... read more
- 18:00 Plans to fix dangerous Sutton road
- 18:00 John Leslie cleared over Edinburgh nightclub hen night sex assault...
- 17:57 Police hunt man after damage to Barrow pub
- 17:57 Refugee reveals the terrifying moment he fled Darfur during civil war
- 17:57 North and South Korea agree to reunite families split by war
- 17:52 Durham University student cleared of rape and sexual assault
- 17:52 Phillip Wearne obituary
- 17:52 BMW joins Airbus in Brexit warning
- 17:51 Coventry City boss Mark Robins's reaction to the new League One...
- 17:50 Scale of repairs revealed at ceiling collapse school in Birmingham
- 17:50 House of Fraser closure could be a housing 'opportunity' for...
- 17:47 Judge rejects bid for gender-neutral passports
- 17:46 Pair deny Cockermouth Christmas Day assault allegations
- 17:44 Bus diversions after car overturns in Beeches Road, Great Barr
- 17:43 Popular Hull café Nibble to double in size in city's booming Fruit...
- 17:43 Best of British with the Range Rover Evoque
- 17:43 Police refuse to give up but after 114 orders made, is this...
- 17:43 National Kissing Day: There’s nothing wrong with kissing on the...
- 17:42 Police appeal after arson at Chesterfield gym
- 17:42 Noise complaints force Edinburgh music festival indoors
- 17:40 Romelu Lukaku working on helping Belgium to win rather than Golden...
- 17:40 Windrush service celebrates generation's contribution to Britain
- 17:38 Retford United to unveil renovated clubhouse at grand opening event...
- 17:38 Multiple 999 crews rush in and air ambulance spotted above village...
- 17:38 UK faces risk from slump in China, warns Bank of England
- 17:36 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Blackfordby, police say
- 17:36 Teenage boy blasted with a shotgun in Runcorn over "petty dispute"
- 17:35 Neymar cries after Brazil win over Costa Rica – Best pics as ace...
- 17:32 Festival-goers celebrating rare Bowland meadows
- 17:32 West End theatre renamed after Cats choreographer Gillian Lynne