Northbound A1 reopens in Northumberland, but road remains very busy
0 Have your say A crash on the A1 north of Morpeth, which had completely closed the road northbound, has now been cleared to allow traffic to move again.
An earlier Northumbria Police statement said: ‘At around 1pm, officers received a report of a three-vehicle collision on the stretch of road that is currently down to just one lane due to roadworks.
‘Thankfully nobody has been seriously injured, but the incident has blocked the road and traffic is at a standstill.
‘Emergency services are doing all they can to get things moving’ but motorists travelling north are advised to use an... read more
- 11:50 Software company Misys joins list of UK firms to ditch flotation plans
- 11:50 LG Electronics says third-quarter profit down 3.7 percent vs. year...
- 11:50 Qualcomm to buy NXP Semiconductors for enterprise value of $47 billion
- 11:50 Iraqi army tries to reach site of IS executions south of Mosul
- 11:49 Smelly foreign ladybirds invade UK homes
- 11:49 Hartlepool community pays tribute to eight-year-old boy knocked...
- 11:49 Overwatch Sombra update: Reddit clues point to MASSIVE November ARG...
- 11:49 Fifty Shades of Grey art exhibition coming to Harrogate
- 11:49 #ThrowbackThursday: Harrogate men prepare for battle in 1982
- 11:48 £30m plan for hundreds of 'affordable' new homes
- 11:48 Murder suspect believed to have known man killed in Aigburth...
- 11:48 Lamborghini driver slapped with £35 ticket – but he doesn’t seem to...
- 11:48 Waiter snaps thumb off priceless British Museum statue
- 11:48 Ilkeston WI ladies enjoy talk from biker Bob
- 11:48 Students play vital role in city event
- 11:48 David Moyes left embarrassed as Sunderland boss admits he had no...
- 11:47 Alfreton joinery apprentice nails national award
- 11:47 Hallowe’en fun at the pub for charity
- 11:47 Students play vital role in city event
- 11:45 Students take on a Transylvanian challenge
- 11:45 Phil Neville: This Man United ace is one of Jose Mourinho's most...
- 11:45 The Liam Farrell column: Wayne has set the standards
- 11:45 VIDEO: Smelly foreign ladybirds invade UK homes
- 11:45 Week In Court
- 11:44 Ilkeston dancers celebrate top exam results
- 11:43 Turkey says NATO's Aegean migrants mission achieved target, calls...
- 11:43 Take part in scarecrow trail
- 11:43 Living in squalor: Older tenants who fall victim to slum landlords
- 11:43 Jobs at risk as council votes to close Long Eaton and Ilkeston...
- 11:43 Russian tycoon to buy 12 percent in Rusal from Onexim - sources