Northampton charity chief’s wage irked you, but why are we obsessed with the pay of CEOs?
Terrible. Awful. Disgusting.
And these some of the kinder terms used by readers giving their opinions on the latest salary figures for the chiefs at St Andrew’s Hospital.
Denigration was heaped on the board of the Northampton-based mental health charity who, it was revealed, could count among them nine members who earned more than £200,000.
Chief executive Gil Baldwin had to endure some particularly feisty criticism of his own package, which saw him pocket £489,000.
In fact readers were not being very charitable at all.
These are, after all, bewildering pay packets, sums most of us will... read more
- 08:37 Belford man receives MBE
- 08:37 Don’t lose your vote when you move home
- 08:36 Antonio Conte organises peace meal for Diego Costa and Chelsea...
- 08:36 Do you want to support Help for Heroes?
- 08:35 Businessman ends up in court after thieves steal his shotguns
- 08:34 Verdict on safety of fire ravaged Barrow building due next week
- 08:32 Coatbridge footballer Mark Kerr tells the Albion Rovers players to...
- 08:31 Go-ahead for 16 homes on outskirts of Shrewsbury
- 08:31 Telford poisoner’s wife tells others ‘trust your intincts’
- 08:31 ‘Prime’ Ludlow housing land is up for sale
- 08:31 Tories dub Telford council leader 'Shaun of the Debt'
- 08:31 Shrewsbury police in extra patrols over reports of 'sexual...
- 08:31 £1,200 damage in vandal attack at Shrewsbury Quarry play park
- 08:31 Shrewsbury butcher's shop burglar jailed for a year
- 08:31 Ludlow's twin oaks await decision on chop
- 08:31 Shrewsbury drugs courier avoids being sent to prison
- 08:31 Shropshire hospitals ask nurses to put in extra shifts as demand on...
- 08:31 Oswestry bus routes changed to avoid roadworks
- 08:31 Shinal A464 accident blackspot: Traffic lights to stay longer
- 08:31 NHS bosses apologise to parents over Shrewsbury man's suicide
- 08:30 Horror bus crash in Italy leaves 16 dead after coach carrying...
- 08:28 Fun parties raise big total for school
- 08:26 Where to buy your own tea room in the West Midlands
- 08:25 Up to 16 dead after bus carrying students crashes and bursts into...
- 08:24 Kathy Secker's TV-presenter daughter Jayne opens up about how proud...
- 08:24 Burglar who targeted popular Tynemouth fish restaurant avoids jail
- 08:24 Amber's Law: Ball to be held in honour of 25-year-old cervical...
- 08:24 Author strikes gold with debut teenage novel
- 08:23 Fresh appeal to trace Tyne Bridge rave organisers three weeks on
- 08:23 See a Lego St James' Park get built brick by brick in cool...