North Yorkshire Police's highly trained drivers share winter driving tips after crashes
Police in North Yorkshire have been called to a series of weather-related crashes this morning.
Officers responded to half a dozen reports of crashes that involved ice and snow before many people had even started work.
Weather-related reports received between 5.30am and 9am include:
5.30am, Thirsk - A car skidding on black ice and coming to rest in a ditch on the A167 in Sandhutton. The driver was removed from the vehicle by firefighters and he was treated by ambulance crews.
5.55am, Selby - A car slid through a fence in Selby Common after hitting ice. The woman who was driving is not... read more
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly
- 00:53 Cancer patient feels 'privileged to be alive' after NHS trial...
- 00:53 Breast screen error 'could have been spotted earlier'
- 00:50 Loan shark with ‘no morals’ in court
- 00:50 Saving flood water to get through the droughts
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Who’d be a spy? MI6 turns from Oxbridge to TV
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Chris Grayling’s audacity. Minister plays...
- 00:48 The Yorkshire Post says: Rural areas pay the price again. School...
- 00:47 Sudoku 4069 hard
- 00:40 Why DR Congo is confident it will halt Ebola
- 00:39 Alan Mak: Yorjshire can build digital apps to put NHS at your...
- 00:39 Bill Carmichaek: Confessions of a reluctant monarchist as Queen...
- 00:38 Kestrels fly high in promotion race
- 00:37 Prince William to visit Israel and Palestinian territories
- 00:34 Record US fentanyl bust 'enough to kill 26 million people'
- 00:26 Tax break plan for immigrants to attract best and brightest to an...
- 00:25 Rising stars of 2017: campaigner Faiza Shaheen