North Wales firefighters join forces with police in search for missing people
Firefighters are working alongside police to locate vulnerable missing people in North Wales under a new pilot scheme.
The work is being co-ordinated by North Wales Police bosses who say it puts more resources to find them as quick as possible.
Fire chiefs, who worked on a missing person case in Wrexham today, insist it does not impact on cover or cost the service extra cash.
Marc Jones, who is leading a campaign to save one of Wrexham’s two engines from the axe, said it was a good idea and showed why fire chiefs should not cut resources.
Staff at Wrexham, Holyhead , Caernarfon and Bangor... read more
- 14:52 Upmarket steakhouse set to open this week at Northampton's former...
- 14:52 City shamed as bigamy blackspot - after love rat dumped sick wife...
- 14:52 Cookery duo set to open Northampton pub after quarter of a million...
- 14:51 ‘Irritated’ dad denies murder
- 14:51 Liverpool, Tottenham, Manchester United and Manchester City go...
- 14:51 Meningitis: 10 warning signs students should look out
- 14:50 For British bank start-up, Brexit has silver lining - more loans
- 14:50 EU proposes common tax rules to close avoidance loopholes
- 14:50 Michael Gove admits Tory leadership 'mistakes'
- 14:50 Pioneering treatment offers new hope for Sunderland schoolboy Pascal
- 14:50 Euro 2016 and Premier League hat-tricks - What has happened to some...
- 14:49 Two Muslim preachers arrested at Ibizan party haven accused of...
- 14:49 MIGRANT CRISIS: Death toll in Mediterranean surpasses 3,700 this year
- 14:48 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:48 A day for democracy
- 14:48 Artist’s work helps Lancashire hospice
- 14:47 CCTV catches thieves taking beer from garage
- 14:47 Handbag snatched from car as woman waited at traffic lights
- 14:47 More love than hate? Marmite sales rocket after ‘Brexit’ row
- 14:46 Drunk brandished knife after row in pub
- 14:46 Nissan-Renault says open to partnerships to develop new car...
- 14:46 TV and film stuntman breaks world record
- 14:46 BlackBerry launches its third Android-based phone
- 14:46 Appeal for information on two asbestos fly tips
- 14:46 Watch as ceilidh cops jig in the street with Stornoway Mod revellers
- 14:46 Block paving set to go in Town centre!
- 14:46 New Northern Rail trains: This is what Teesside's trains could look...
- 14:46 This woman has spent over £20,000 to look like Barbie
- 14:45 Hull City club secretary Matt Wild resigns - and will join...
- 14:45 Man Booker 2016 winner to be announced