North Korea: US says it detected failed missile test
The US military has said it detected a failed test launch of an intermediate ballistic missile by North Korea.
The test took place near the north-western city of Kusong at 03:33 GMT on Saturday, the Pentagon added.
North Korea has made a number of missile-related tests this year.
It regularly makes claims about the progress of its nuclear and missile programmes, but analysts say most of them are impossible to independently verify.
The country is banned by the UN from any use of ballistic or nuclear technology.
- 08:20 Jamie Carragher: Why Jurgen Klopp's tactics are to blame for shock...
- 08:19 Can you identify a criminal through the sound of their voice?
- 08:18 Nigel Farage on shortlist to be Time’s person of the year
- 08:18 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:18 Stobart Group terminates talks with Irish airline
- 08:17 Toyota to expand hybrid system development to further cut emissions
- 08:16 Why Nottingham, Leicester and Birmingham are better places to...
- 08:16 Appeal after burglary in Gainsborough
- 08:15 Plea to help our lonely elderly this Christmas
- 08:15 Government facing High Court challenge over Prevent...
- 08:15 NHS whistleblowers 'being fired, gagged and blacklisted'
- 08:15 Prison inmate probed over 'Cop Killer' profile on Xbox Live
- 08:15 Nigel Farage on shortlist for Time magazine's person of the year award
- 08:15 Gagging orders 'used by a number of clubs to silence football...
- 08:14 Councillor on warpath over flood risk rating for Spalding
- 08:14 Plans for health services across Lincolnshire ‘leaked’
- 08:14 Granit Xhaka defends slow start to his Arsenal career ahead of...
- 08:14 Lidl set to open its Bourne store this Thursday
- 08:14 TIM FROHWEIN INQUEST: 'We loved him deeply and we always shall'
- 08:12 Roxanne Pallett enlists celebrity support in mission to tackle...
- 08:12 Apprentice star celebrates soaring Cumberland sausage sales
- 08:12 GHA Coaches: Directors other coach company RJ’s of Wem has...
- 08:11 Staff brush up on DIY to help children’s charity
- 08:11 Thai king appoints new members to royal council - palace
- 08:10 Agent of Zlatan Ibrahimovic-endorsed Man Utd target delivers major...
- 08:09 Chelsea actually paid £28m for Eden Hazard – not £32.5m!
- 08:08 13 reasons Bali should be your next holiday destination
- 08:08 Thinking about dumping someone? Do it before December 17th*
- 08:08 Two-vehicle crash near Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire
- 08:08 Live: Traffic and travel updates for Leicester and Leicestershire