North East powerchair footballers in race against clock to fund their way to European championship
A team of powerchair footballers are in a desperate race against time to fund a championship game trip to Denmark.
The Northern Thunder Powerchair Football Club has just two weeks to raise around £8,000 in order to compete in the European Powerchair Football Association (EPFA) Champions Cup hosted in Denmark.
Lorna Common, 52, from Hexham, is hoping to raise the last thousand pounds in time for the team to make it to the match October 15.
Lorna’s son, Ed Common, is on the team and said without help they would not be able to go.
Lorna said: “We desperately need to get there.”
Ed, 21, has... read more
- 07:44 School praised for being ‘at the heart of the community’ by Ofsted
- 07:44 Motorway sliproad closed at Carlisle following crash
- 07:43 Xiao Long Bao: Foodies fume over 'exploding soup dumplings'
- 07:43 Nintendo’s latest console launch helps Game Digital
- 07:42 Swarkestone Road open, Derby news now, traffic updates for A50, A38...
- 07:42 Miami Open 2017 results: Rafael Nadal sets up Fabio Fognini...
- 07:41 RISE AND SHINE: Start the day with our live breakfast feed
- 07:41 Reese’s is now doing a peanut butter creme egg
- 07:39 Genel deepens annual loss after reserves downgrade
- 07:38 Commuters set to face 18 MONTHS of traffic chaos on M1 from today
- 07:38 Questions over Preston nuclear jobs future as Westinghouse files...
- 07:36 Chesterfield Royal Hospital's new cancer centre to open this summer
- 07:36 Search for missing helicopter with 5 on board resumes after...
- 07:36 Vote in county elections
- 07:35 Police issue warning over thieves targeting vans
- 07:34 Drivers could face £70 fine for parking on pavements
- 07:34 Takeaway shop on fire
- 07:34 £156m Man Utd striker swoops, major Chelsea dispute, Arsenal...
- 07:33 North Kirklees weekend entertainment listings
- 07:33 Cold callers, self-service checkouts and hand-wash only clothes -...
- 07:32 Toshiba's nuclear woes a hot ticket for bankruptcy financiers
- 07:32 TV, stage and film stars revealed for 2017 Festival No.6 lineup
- 07:32 West Brom news digest: Roy's boys; Foster's goodwill; Jose's...
- 07:32 Aston Villa news digest: Bruce's best player (it's a Blues man);...
- 07:32 Insurer Lloyd's of London confirms new Brussels base
- 07:32 Birmingham City news digest: Fabbrini on leaving; value of St...
- 07:32 Nikkei falls on pause in weak yen trend; chip-equipment makers firm
- 07:31 North Korea ‘could kill 90 per cent of Americans’ US intelligence...
- 07:31 BREAKING: Bomb squad seal off Malmo street over grenade fears
- 07:27 H&M Q1 profit tops forecast, to launch new brand in H2