North East fancy dress shops warned over sale of clown costumes in wake of 'killer clown' craze
Fancy dress shops are being advised to only sell clown costumes to adults in a bid to slow the spread of the ‘killer clown’ craze.
Northumbria Police has so far received up to 20 reports of prankster-related incidents across the region.
These have included Durham schoolchildren being stalked by a knife-wielding ‘clown’, and a Gateshead College student being chased down a street in Fenham.
A number of schools and the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle have been mentioned in a so-called list of targets circulating online from Instagram account ‘Killer Clowns North East’.
Click to play Tap... read more
- 13:54 US STOCKS-Wall St set to rise ahead of Trump inauguration
- 13:54 Festive period busiest on record for region’s NHS
- 13:53 We tried masturbating at work for a week and this is what happened
- 13:53 Arsenal legend Ian Wright drops Chelsea transfer bombshell
- 13:53 Antonio Conte provides huge update on Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 13:53 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte confirms transfer bid
- 13:53 Koeman's message for Everton FC ahead of Palace trip
- 13:52 Man with colossal half-a-metre penis that reaches his knee insists...
- 13:52 Roll on spring, say frustrated Preston drivers
- 13:50 Arrests made over theft of South Yorkshire band's van, instruments...
- 13:50 Liverpool set to welcome back Jordan Henderson and Nathaniel Clyne...
- 13:49 Barrow man jailed for drug supply role
- 13:49 Scarlett Moffatt hits back at critics after fans BEG her not to...
- 13:49 Dimitri Payet twist: West Ham considering taking action against...
- 13:49 This is how to get rid of bad breath - according to top dentists
- 13:49 Philippe Coutinho opens up on Jurgen Klopp's training ground...
- 13:49 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola delighted at Cheick Keita...
- 13:49 Probe at Blackpool school after pupil goes missing
- 13:49 Aston Villa transfer news: Steve Bruce switches to alternative...
- 13:49 Thanks for f*** all! Man Utd fans say goodbye to Memphis Depay on...
- 13:49 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte gives major update on Diego Costa future
- 13:48 BT slams customers with price hikes: New fee of £3.50 a month for...
- 13:48 Tamworth, Atherstone and Coleshill could be affected by train strikes
- 13:48 Manchester United could sell more players in January transfer window
- 13:47 REVEALED: Nottinghamshire schools GCSE performance tables
- 13:47 Fairfax may sell 25 percent of India's ICICI Lombard in up to $1...
- 13:47 'Equating Lionel Messi with anyone else is like comparing a...
- 13:47 China's Xi says Chinese economy to keep growing steadily
- 13:47 Henri Lansbury pockets substantial pay rise after completing £3m...
- 13:47 Nissan to review UK investment stance once Brexit terms clear