North East councils cash in with multi-million payouts from Newcastle Airport
North East councils have received a multi-million boost to their coffers from shares in Newcastle International Airport.
The region’s seven councils have seen multi-million pound dividend payouts following a refinancing arrangement agreed by the airport.
The cash-strapped authorities have each taken a share of over £20m following a deal agreed last month.
Sunderland City Council received the highest disclosed payout of £4.1m while Newcastle City Council’s coffers benefitted to the tune of £3.8m.
Northumberland County Council received a dividend payout of £3.35m, Gateshead Council received... read more
- 11:50 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:49 How to get rid of BAD BREATH: These foods could cause bad oral hygiene
- 11:49 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:48 Recruitment roadshow for aspiring teachers set to come to Coventry...
- 11:47 Leeds pensioners die after crash in the Dales
- 11:47 Road hogs are clogging up motorway’s middle lane
- 11:47 Labour leader says Party refused Kezia Dugdale permission to go on...
- 11:47 North Sea oil industry could be boosted by change in Budget
- 11:46 Fuel prices are slashed at Morrisons
- 11:46 Name released of man, 52, killed in crash as coroner prepares to...
- 11:46 Berwick victory sees them climb to third
- 11:46 Everton FC striker Oumar Niasse on the penalty decision that...
- 11:45 RUMOUR MILL: Manchester United line up £40m move for Danny Rose,...
- 11:44 Man kicks off after chippy staff pour gravy on his chips in Manchester
- 11:44 Alcester firm is region’s top exporter
- 11:44 Nottinghamshire Police backs charity’s Road Safety Week
- 11:44 Popular Doncaster pub closes down for refurbishment amid Facebook...
- 11:43 Charles Bronson's new wife defends controversial wedding as she...
- 11:43 Man in serious condition after Scarborough assault
- 11:43 Carlisle's city centre Argos to close
- 11:43 Weather warning of rain issued for Cumbria
- 11:43 Buchanan insists Cobblers confidence remains high despite...
- 11:42 Hepatitis A vaccinations at nursery after child contracts illness
- 11:42 Why Black Friday ‘deals’ aren't always what they seem
- 11:42 ‘Step in, pause, and fix Universal Credit’, Batley and Spen MP...
- 11:42 Delays on M53 near Chester after skip wagon sheds load
- 11:42 Update: Man charged with Knightcote murder
- 11:41 What is the law on smacking children in Derby as Wales moves...
- 11:41 Liverpool's 'cheeriest' homeless person has put his Christmas...
- 11:41 240,000 flock to Durham’s Lumiere spectacular