North Belfast: Orange Order parade passes off peacefully
One of the most bitter parading disputes in Northern Ireland in recent years has ended.
Local Orange Order lodges marched past the Ardoyne shops in north Belfast early on Saturday morning.
Loyalists have now dismantled their protest camp at Twaddell Avenue. It was set up in July 2013 after the Parades Commission ruled Orangemen could not walk along the route.
600 police officers were involved in Saturday's security operation.
Agreement The Orange Order was allowed to march along the route after an agreement between Orangemen and nationalist residents' association, the Crumlin Ardoyne... read more
- 10:10 Would you raffle your home for £2 a ticket? Owner of country pile...
- 10:10 £5,000 reward to reunite Normandy veteran with medals lost on M6
- 10:09 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:09 Why Newcastle United striker Adam Armstrong will not be heading to...
- 10:09 Wimbledon: The 10 greatest tantrums in the tennis game’s history
- 10:09 Mail reporter Beth Pridding went to give blood for the first time...
- 10:08 Starbucks customer says coffee made him ‘poop’ 11 times
- 10:08 What you need to know for this weekend's Forest Live concerts at...
- 10:07 Stand up for the ‘Big Comedy Weekend!’
- 10:07 Man arrested for aggressive behaviour on busy Sheffield street
- 10:07 Pair jailed for a combined 44 years over Cramlington murder
- 10:07 Big Brother 2017: Chanelle and Isabelle rub BARE BREASTS on other...
- 10:07 Bargain Hunt coming to British Motor Museum in Gaydon
- 10:07 Elderly couple threatened by masked raiders in Dronfield
- 10:06 Chelsea defender Kurt Zouma becomes transfer target for Crystal Palace
- 10:06 Crumbling Italian banks could 'have led to COLLAPSE of Italy' – and...
- 10:06 'Pushing the EU apart!' Angela Merkel attacked by her own coalition...
- 10:06 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:06 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:05 Three motorcross bikes stolen from garage in Barrow
- 10:05 Belhaven owner Greene King cheers rise in profits
- 10:05 Councillors urge Leicester mayor to use unspent cash to help city's...
- 10:05 Princess Cruises set to expand its Ocean Medallion Class fleet
- 10:04 Two missing Notts teenagers found safe and well
- 10:04 Rock for BARK
- 10:04 Aspirin dose can 'slash the risk of potentially fatal condition...
- 10:04 Mountain rescue team help man missing in rural spot
- 10:03 RISE AND SHINE: Latest weather, travel and news updates
- 10:03 NHS comments after Derbyshire doctor takes her own life
- 10:02 Exclusive: Louth area victim of brutal attack is at ‘breaking...