North Belfast: Orange Order parade passes off peacefully
One of the most bitter parading disputes in Northern Ireland in recent years has ended.
Local Orange Order lodges marched past the Ardoyne shops in north Belfast early on Saturday morning.
Loyalists have now dismantled their protest camp at Twaddell Avenue. It was set up in July 2013 after the Parades Commission ruled Orangemen could not walk along the route.
600 police officers were involved in Saturday's security operation.
Agreement The Orange Order was allowed to march along the route after an agreement between Orangemen and nationalist residents' association, the Crumlin Ardoyne... read more
- 07:22 Champions League final: Praising Liverpool is a distraction ploy...
- 07:20 Residents of Woodford Halse to consider legal challenge over claims...
- 07:19 Hartlepool waiting on Sunderland, Newcastle and Middlesbrough over...
- 07:15 School to consider introducing own bus service in response to rail...
- 07:15 Coffee brewing duo find the right blend ahead of Ulverston festival...
- 07:15 Galloping down memory lane ahead of The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Art instillation allows visitors to view Lake District attraction...
- 07:12 Forking hell! Is The Good Place the ultimate TV show for our times?
- 07:11 Laughs galore in Chesterfield Operatics’ take on The Vicar of Dibley
- 07:09 18 guests reveal the worst things that happened to them at a wedding
- 07:09 Memories from the heart of the Aids crisis shows true love in a...
- 07:07 Gareth Shaw: Power of Attorney equals peace of mind
- 07:07 Saints farewell interview: Tom Stephenson
- 07:07 FEATURE: Getting to know... Cobblers’ academy graduate Sean Whaler
- 07:07 FARMING MATTERS: A chance to see beyond farm gate
- 07:05 Which goddess is said to live in Halema‘uma‘u Crater in Hawaii? The...
- 07:05 A letter to… my slob of a partner
- 07:05 Akala: ‘As I grew up, I became embarrassed by my mother’s whiteness'
- 07:05 Blind date: ‘She probably thinks I’ve seen too many Sharknado films’
- 07:04 New scheme to help ease parking chaos
- 07:04 Stratford’s Isla helps England to glory at the Royal Windsor Horse...
- 07:04 Jonny’s a Worthy winner of Town Bowl
- 07:03 Litter pick planned in Tweedmouth
- 07:03 Charity fashion show
- 07:03 MP to give talk in Lowick
- 07:03 Champions League final: Virgil van Dijk explains reason he joined...
- 06:59 Residents of Woodford Halse to consider legal challenge over claims...
- 06:57 Lancashire to honour sacrifices of a generation 100 years on
- 06:56 Winger Daryl Horgan frustrated by lack of starts for PNE
- 06:54 Secretary of State could take over if Bury health bosses fail to...