No wallflowers! Models wearing iconic wallpaper dresses perk up London's streets as heritage brands enjoy an overseas sales boost
A parade of stylish models is enough to make anyone look up from their morning commute.
But the stylish printed dresses these ones were wearing came with a twist - they are made entirely out of wallpaper.
Designed by iconic 1960s designer and Biba founder Barbara Hulanicki, the dress stunt was to promote international wallpaper week and Britain's thriving firms.
The idea was dreamt up to champion Britain’s wallpaper industry at home and overseas, as part of an initiative backed by high-profile designers such as Barbara, Kelly Hoppen, Julien Macdonald and Wayne Hemmingway.
And Britain's... read more
- 13:18 Xbox One news: PUBG Xbox One X reveal, Red Dead Redemption 2 update
- 13:18 PS4 news: Final Fantasy 7 Remake update, Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro,...
- 13:17 White Bear Music Studios hosting music night at The Imperial in...
- 13:17 Galloway's Society for the Blind to host sight loss conference in...
- 13:18 7 unmissable Christmas theatre shows - that AREN’T panto
- 13:18 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:18 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:17 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:18 AMAs 2017: Pink speaks out after making THAT face at Christina...
- 13:17 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:18 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:18 A Wrinkle in Time TRAILER: Watch NEW look at Disney epic
- 13:17 Whittle-le-Woods boy ran 30 miles in 30 days for St Catherine's...
- 13:18 M65 idiot driver clocked doing 115 mph
- 13:18 PS Plus December 2017 line-up - PlayStation Plus boost ahead of...
- 13:18 Avengers Infinity War: THIS villain's return ruled out as actor...
- 13:18 Staff on Virgin's West Coast line vote to strike in pay dispute
- 13:17 Lancashire recommends... interesting buildings
- 13:15 Keep close tabs on pensions trails or risk losing benefits
- 13:18 Italian FA chief Carlo Tavecchio resigns a week after Italy's...
- 13:18 Behind the scenes at Audi's new design centre
- 13:17 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:18 Jana Novotna will be remembered for iconic picture with Duchess of...
- 13:16 Tributes to respected wife of former MP
- 13:17 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:16 Opinion split over new ambulance station location
- 13:18 Services and jobs to go as Town Hall wields the axe to save £1.2m
- 13:17 What is ASMR and why is everyone obsessed with it?
- 13:16 Hospitals face predicted worst-ever A&E waiting times this winter
- 13:17 CCTV APPEAL: Knifepoint robbery at shop