No seat on the train? You can now claim compensation - here's how
Train passengers now have more powers to claim compensation for poor services.
The inclusion of the service under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act means that they can now seek redress from train operators in more instances.
This could include when a train has no working toilet, no seats are available or promised wifi is not working.
Customers should also find it easier to claim a money refund for train delays of more than 30 minutes, instead of the travel vouchers that were previously offered.
Read More Internet generation queueing up for bus passes instead of applying online say travel staff... read more
- 16:19 White Christmas in Derby this year - what are the chances?
- 16:19 Calls for Welford speed limit reduction
- 16:19 Iceland Foods hits back at Icelandic government over trademark
- 16:18 Jurgen Klopp reacts to shocking Liverpool defeat at Bournemouth
- 16:18 Two schools’ big extension plans
- 16:16 Divock Origi: What I thought of Liverpool losing 4-3 to Bournemouth
- 16:16 Livid Liverpool fans blast Lovren, Lucas and Karius after...
- 16:16 PNE Fans’ Panel verdicts
- 16:15 Recovery teams comb charred ruins of California warehouse, 10th...
- 16:15 Rebels tell U.S. they won't leave Aleppo; army sees operation over...
- 16:15 Islamic State strikes back to slow Iraqi forces in Mosul
- 16:12 LIVE: Austria polls closed as Government declares no...
- 16:12 Brigg mourns death of respected sport figure
- 16:12 Bournemouth 4 Liverpool 3: Late Ake winner stuns Reds in thrilling...
- 16:11 'Serious fire' closes road
- 16:10 Last chance to enter Nottingham’s Santa Run and Walk
- 16:10 Live updates as police close A52 near Queen's Medical Centre after...
- 16:08 This will worry Leeds fans: Crucial Elland Road deal takes another...
- 16:07 Section of M6 to stay closed for roadworks
- 16:07 Are you wearing the right bra size? A Lincoln woman tells you where...
- 16:07 Fire at 100-year-old building thought to be deliberate
- 16:06 Ukraine: Five police killed in friendly-fire shoot-out
- 16:05 Christmas 2016: Could you burn some calories at the Christmas...
- 16:05 Drink-driver banned from the road after flattening lamppost and...
- 16:03 YOU ARE NOT ALONE: Support groups for the bereaved ahead of Christmas
- 16:03 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp criticises Reds after Bournemouth defeat
- 16:02 Grantham shows are Strictly for dance lovers
- 15:59 Video: Kidsgrove Christmas lights switch on takes place thanks to...
- 15:59 How you can get 19 consecutive days off work for only 9 days...
- 15:57 Jamie Carragher absolutely destroys Loris Karius after Liverpool...