No love lost ahead of Ryder Cup as Sergio Garcia aims to make boastful US captain eat his words
SERGIO GARCIA reckons Davis Love III was talking through his backside when he hailed his USA players the greatest Ryder Cup team ever.
Now Euro star Garcia and team-mate Rory McIlroy are determined to take Love’s words and ram it where the sun don’t shine by giving Team America the bum’s rush at Hazeltine.
Love was last night desperately trying to backtrack on comments he made to a radio station last Friday when he said he’d tell his players they’re the best golf team ever assembled.
But the damage was already done, despite Love’s claim that it was taken out of context, as both Garcia and... read more
- 15:58 Cecilia Ekback wins historical fiction award for first novel Wolf...
- 15:56 Liverpool star sends message to Jurgen Klopp ahead of West Brom clash
- 15:56 UPDATE: Missing nine-year-old found
- 15:55 Pogba Manchester United dream revealed by Chelsea boss Conte
- 15:55 U.S., UK growth data to give steer on monetary policy
- 15:55 Halifax sex offender ensnared by ‘paedophile hunters’
- 15:55 Gypsy folk-rock band with big reputation set for Marchington show
- 15:53 EU 'not capable' of signing Canada deal
- 15:53 How one woman overcame a debilitating stammer to follow her dream...
- 15:53 Court list: Who has been up before Scarborough magistrates?
- 15:52 Child seat product recalled over safety fears
- 15:52 Spooky goings-on on Pumpkin Path in Leamington town centre
- 15:52 Rafa Benitez: This is what being at the top of the Championship...
- 15:52 County Hall move ‘set for full council debate’
- 15:52 Devastation for family after tragic cat deaths
- 15:52 Snapped: Key man trains with Arsenal despite injury fears ahead of...
- 15:50 Battle of Britain Memorial centre faces funding change
- 15:50 Countdown to Horncastle Christmas Tree Festival
- 15:50 Readers’ letters
- 15:49 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:49 Air Ambulance scrambled to Alfreton ladder fall
- 15:49 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair