No help for vermin in the gardens
Vermin has infested council gardens in Mansfield - which two pensioners had to pay £80 to remove.
Two pensioners have come forward after ‘nothing has been done’ to fix a recent rat infestation at properties owned by Mansfield District Council.
Susan Webb, 70, Susan Jones, 68, who live on Peel Crescent, Mansfield, in council owned properties, noticed rats on their gardens during the day.
After living on the street for decades the pair notice the rats a few weeks ago and paid for Environmental Health to lay poison.
Susan Webb said: “We called the council but they said they had ‘no resources... read more
- 06:16 Conor McGregor talks up Nate Diaz trilogy fight before KO’ing Floyd...
- 06:16 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba needs to be more like Man City star Kevin...
- 06:16 Fantasy Premier League tips: In-form Fantasy Football players ahead...
- 06:16 Harry Kane: Tottenham ‘turn down’ £177m Real Madrid bid
- 06:16 Liverpool news: Mohamed Salah reveals secret to incredible form
- 06:16 River Island hires child models with disabilities for their...
- 06:15 Islamic State 'Beatles': US and UK talk about fate of duo
- 06:13 Banks must lead banishing of anti-business sentiments
- 06:13 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:13 Theresa May refuses calls to give transport bosses in North same...
- 06:11 Don’t miss out on chance to have your say on keeping Hartlepool safe
- 06:11 Motorist caught by police while under the influence of drugs
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment
- 06:04 Kids invited to see lambs being born at National Forest Adventure Farm