No-go areas of Grimsby as 'evil' yobs target up to 150 taxi drivers
TAXI drivers in Grimsby are being forced to avoid some parts of the town following months of attacks by youths on bikes who apparently throw stones at their cars.
Hackney carriage drivers say they are "sick to death" of being targeted and being left out of pocket after having to foot repair bills.
Described as a growing problem affecting as many as "150 local drivers", some operators have branded parts of Grimsby as "no go zones" in fear of being targeted by stone-throwing gangs.
Taxi driver Sue Barrs, who has over 36 years of experience on the road, has... read more
- 12:48 Golden State Warriors’ Draymond Green faces kick controversy AGAIN...
- 12:48 Arsenal were easy to referee, reveals former referee Howard Webb
- 12:47 Manchester United signing Mkhitaryan confused and unhappy at...
- 12:46 Five taken to hospital after double-decker party bus collides with...
- 12:45 Royal Crown Derby ornaments stolen from Littleover house including...
- 12:45 12 photos which show people in Derby dress to impress in autumn
- 12:44 The ultimate pub crawl has been mapped out so let’s get hammered
- 12:43 Thailand presses Google over online royal insults
- 12:41 Bangladesh v England Day Three Debrief: Ben Stokes masterclass puts...
- 12:41 Young DJ has sights set on being next James Corden
- 12:39 Jose Mourinho's time at Chelsea will never be forgotten... but he...
- 12:38 Are Scunthorpe's pharmacies under threat?
- 12:32 Police make arrest after 37-year-old man found in city street with...
- 12:31 Laws to protect The Stray to be substantially changed to hold more...
- 12:31 Photographer spends days on bridges to capture street vendors...
- 12:31 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:29 Arsene Wenger mocked in post sent from official Arsenal account
- 12:28 Church set to reopen after £200,000 facelift - just in time for...
- 12:28 Prescription budget should be met despite pressure points
- 12:28 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'
- 12:28 Clark unveils £4m plan to boost number of electric trucks in UK
- 12:28 Cumberbatch hails 'true superheroes' at charity awards
- 12:28 Chemical attacks show 'cruel barbarity' of Assad's rule in Syria,...
- 12:27 £15m boost for cancer charities
- 12:26 Apple’s long overdue new Macs ‘to launch on October 27
- 12:25 Arsenal loanee Jack Wilshere has Premier League’s best passing...
- 12:23 King’s Mill bosses step aside after merger delays
- 12:22 Belgian shopping mall evacuated as three gunmen rob jewellery store
- 12:22 Protecting those who protect us...
- 12:21 Wife hails blaze tragedy husband 'a hero'