No charges in 9 out of 10 North Wales rape claims...but reports of the crime are on the rise
Nine out of 10 rape complaints made to police don’t result in anyone being charged with the crime .
New figures show that of 516 reports of rape during 2015/16 only 57 people were brought before the courts.
Of them only 32 people were convicted.
The number of people making complaints of rape has risen with 87 more than the previous year.
Read More New crime figures released for North Wales...and there's been a big increase in certain offences
North Wales Police said rape was a high priority for the force and said the increase in complaints showed people were more willing to come forward... read more
- 11:33 The Queen has been reported to the police for failing to wear a...
- 11:33 Hotpoint fridge-freezer sparked Grenfell Tower fire, say police
- 11:33 SE Asia Stocks-Muted as oil outlook bleak; S'pore, Philippines log...
- 11:33 Iranians chant "Death to Israel", burn Islamic State's flag at...
- 11:33 Japanese warship takes Asian guests on cruise in defiance of China
- 11:32 How reading for pleasure can boost your child's academic performance
- 11:32 New migraine treatment trial opens to sufferers in Cumbria
- 11:32 Safety tips for open water
- 11:32 Furness cadets conquer mountain
- 11:32 Shocking report reveals millions lost by Warkwickshire web users
- 11:31 Pound V euro: GBP mounts recovery against EUR amid EU summit in...
- 11:31 London fire: Plymouth woman scared as her block has same cladding...
- 11:31 Refugee reality: Germany admits 75% face long-term unemployment and...
- 11:31 Qatar boycott: Close Al Jazeera and dump ties with Iran demand Arab...
- 11:30 On-stage learning to stay safe online
- 11:30 Search for lost early monastery at Old Deer
- 11:30 Police work is a family affair for Corin
- 11:29 Celebrity Masterchef 2017 serves up Rachel Stevens and Debbie McGee
- 11:29 Coventry City's Rod McDonald eyes another League Two promotion medal
- 11:29 Coventry City fans react to Leyton Orient takeover: "Our turn next"
- 11:27 Newcastle United's St James' Park hosted 38,000 fans and its first...
- 11:27 Arsenal transfer analysis: Gunners main priority is to keep Alexis...
- 11:26 Oldham set to lose its last court next month
- 11:26 Mary, 94, in running for national award
- 11:26 UPDATED: Line re-opens after trespasser disrupts train services in...
- 11:26 Cumbrian nuclear backer Toshiba delays reporting results again and...
- 11:26 Tough charity march for a Latics director
- 11:26 Update: Police seize axe following attempted murder in Dalton
- 11:26 QUIZ: How well do you know Brexit? Take the quiz and see how much...
- 11:26 North Cumbrian hotel set to change hands in near £1m deal