Nissan wants guarantee of Brexit compensation before investing in Sunderland plant, says boss
Nissan will ask the UK Government to pledge compensation for any extra costs as a result of Brexit before it invests in its Sunderland plant, says the car giant’s boss.
Nissan builds around one in three of all of Britain’s total automotive output at Sunderland.
The company employs nearly 7,000 people at the Wearside plant.
Asked at the Paris Motor Show what factors the company would consider in deciding where to build any future model, company boss Carlos Ghosn told said: “If I need to make an investment in the next few months and I can’t wait until the end of Brexit, then I have to make a... read more
- 09:47 Oz thug rock: the sound of 'complete disregard for authority'
- 09:47 Inside Jean-Michel Basquiat’s teen years: 'He was hitting on...
- 09:47 Capital’s Sigma extends Countryside deal
- 09:47 Lord Hague joins call for cannabis reform in wake of epilepsy...
- 09:47 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:47 Air Ambulance called to Preston garage after 'car falls on man'
- 09:47 Burnley street gripped by World Cup fever
- 09:45 Burglary at York farm shop: Police release CCTV image of suspect
- 09:45 Union back on picket line as train strike hits Wigan
- 09:45 Cash stolen after thieves break into neighbouring shops in Corby
- 09:44 Booze-fuelled school-run mum narrowly escapes prison sentence after...
- 09:44 Teenage boy stabbed outside Sheffield pub
- 09:44 Chelsea transfer news: Sven Goran Eriksson reveals Roman Abramovich...
- 09:43 Vehicle blaze closes M62 near Leeds
- 09:42 OPINION: Kane world class as England dig deep in adversity to win...
- 09:42 Accident reported on A38 at Claymills - updates
- 09:42 Rugby man kept searching and downloading indecent images of...
- 09:41 Caravan camp appears on Stray in Harrogate
- 09:41 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:41 The headteacher column with Kris Henderson
- 09:41 Police bosses warn Brexit failure could hit fight against crime
- 09:41 Royal Ascot dress code, weather forecast, race times and when is...
- 09:40 Cash stolen after thieves break into neighbouring shops in Corby
- 09:40 Royal Border Bridge turning blue to mark NHS’s 70th birthday
- 09:38 Championship transfers: PSG want Middlesbrough man | Leeds bid...
- 09:38 Hartlepool United linked with swoop for non-league hotshot
- 09:38 Harrogate Hospital's Emergency Department moved for temporary works
- 09:37 Lincs ECB Premier: Louth CC First XI secure vital win against...
- 09:36 Burnley street gripped by World Cup fever
- 09:35 Booze-fuelled school-run mum narrowly escapes prison sentence after...