Nissan wants guarantee of Brexit compensation before investing in Sunderland plant, says boss
Nissan will ask the UK Government to pledge compensation for any extra costs as a result of Brexit before it invests in its Sunderland plant, says the car giant’s boss.
Nissan builds around one in three of all of Britain’s total automotive output at Sunderland.
The company employs nearly 7,000 people at the Wearside plant.
Asked at the Paris Motor Show what factors the company would consider in deciding where to build any future model, company boss Carlos Ghosn told said: “If I need to make an investment in the next few months and I can’t wait until the end of Brexit, then I have to make a... read more
- 12:20 Union warns many Northampton schools still likely to contain asbestos
- 12:19 Viral infection versus bacterial infection - What is the difference?
- 12:17 Missing 17-year-old found ‘safe and well’
- 12:16 Actress Tracy Brabin takes Jo Cox’s Batley seat as ‘hate’...
- 12:16 Young actors win roles in Derby Theatre's Christmas show Alice In...
- 12:16 Readers outrage over uniformed veterans being 'discouraged' from...
- 12:14 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:14 Halloween 2016 is almost here - send us your Spooky Snaps
- 12:14 Roe-deer hunting on horseback with hounds booming in France
- 12:13 Latics guest columnist Adam Bogdan says determination will pay...
- 12:13 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:13 Internet romance scams: 'I realise was being groomed'
- 12:12 Disgraced footballer Adam Johnson slashes price of mansion
- 12:12 Migrant comments led to 'spanking', says BBC's Lineker, but won't...
- 12:12 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console
- 12:11 Gary Lineker hits back after calls for BBC to sack him from Match...
- 12:11 Steven Gerrard reveals just what it takes to be Liverpool captain
- 12:11 Man ‘discovers live maggots’ in porridge but only after he’d eaten...
- 12:11 Sustainability and transformation plans are 'least bad option' for NHS
- 12:10 Community hub plan finally making some progress after delay
- 12:10 Residents against parking proposal
- 12:10 Why leaves on the line might delay your train journey
- 12:10 Pub’s relaunch is out of the starting blocks with sports bar revamp
- 12:10 Watch incredible CCTV showing gang carrying out Mission Impossible...
- 12:09 Bear visitor captured on video by ex-pat Hartlepool man
- 12:09 Ruby the parrot stolen from her Hartlepool homw
- 12:09 Gary Lineker Twitter storm poll: Did Match of the Day host cross...
- 12:09 Hall Street homes plan rejected
- 12:09 Teen takes on 300km coast-to-coast challenge
- 12:09 Nintendo pins hopes of a return to greatness on new Switch console