Nissan seeks Brexit compensation deal as condition for investment
Nissan (7201.T) wants a UK deal offering compensation for any eventual trade costs resulting from Britain's exit from the European Union before committing to more investment in its Sunderland plant, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said on Thursday.
The carmaker is due to make a decision early next year on where to build the next Qashqai SUV - long before the terms of Brexit are likely to be known.
"If I need to make an investment in the next few months and I can't wait until the end of Brexit, then I have to make a deal with the UK government," Ghosn told reporters at the Paris auto... read more
- 09:01 Here's how you can get extra help from Northern Powergrid during a...
- 09:00 WWE superstar Brock Lesnar accused of taking steroids months before...
- 09:00 Juncker’s crony Antonio Tajani tipped to become Euro Parliament...
- 09:00 Space community mourns the death of the last man to stand on the...
- 09:00 BREAKING: Guy Verhofstadt 'BOTTLES IT' as he QUITS EU Parliament race
- 09:00 South Shields car thief got punch in the face
- 09:00 How much has Lancashire Constabulary’s three year investigation...
- 08:59 Households watching pirate TV can expect a scary letter through the...
- 08:59 Manchester United showed ‘lack of class’ against Liverpool, says...
- 08:59 Man who killed three members of Sheffield family appeals against...
- 08:59 UPDATE: Man arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with...
- 08:59 How to stop all nuisance calls
- 08:58 Russia expects dialogue with Trump on nuclear weapons - Lavrov
- 08:58 Pound recovers ahead of May Brexit speech
- 08:58 How to order a martini: 7 gin martini types you need to know
- 08:58 Flamingo Land zoo column with Lindsay Taylor
- 08:57 Busker on board Leeds buses to shine a light on mental health
- 08:57 Karen Gillan on Tupperware Party, Inverness and Avengers
- 08:56 Snapped: West Ham outcast dons new club's kit after completing...
- 08:55 School remains closed over building's safety fears
- 08:54 Give rugby club a try and help secure its future
- 08:53 Pat Nevin makes huge claim about Chelsea striker Diego Costa
- 08:53 Appeal after crashed car is found abandoned on Amounderness Way
- 08:53 Robinson steps down as Hartlepool Rovers coach, Benson takes charge
- 08:52 Greggs sales boosted by demand for healthier snacks
- 08:52 Revealed: Rick Astley & more in Harrogate Theatre's new season
- 08:51 Arnfield verus Hall re-match is on
- 08:51 Club confirms talks over Chelsea deal: This would be huge
- 08:51 Greg’s yellow card collection is costly
- 08:51 Fran calls time on career