Nissan chief urges Government 'clarity' on Brexit amid investment concerns
One of Britain's largest car manufacturers has been urged to continue investing after it said delays in Brexit negotiations could have a negative impact.
Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn spoke out to ask for guarantees from the Government, including compensation in case tax barriers are raised as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
His company's record-breaking plant in Sunderland, which has been active since 1986, employs almost 7,000 people who produce the Juke, Qashqai and Leaf models.
Talking at the Paris Motor Show, Mr Ghosn, who also runs France's Renault, said... read more
- 21:52 A look inside the world of Donald Trump
- 21:51 Shoppers urged to change passwords after Scottish hackers jailed...
- 21:49 Simone Zaza is Mr January and Dimitri Payet features in March......
- 21:46 Will bringing Cafe Dansant back be a good thing for our area? -...
- 21:46 Tributes pour in for much-loved mum-of-three who died on New Year's...
- 21:46 Bird flu confirmed at Lincolnshire turkey farm
- 21:46 Eight killed in attack on police checkpoint in Egypt's Western Desert
- 21:46 Labour MPs call on Jeremy Corbyn to give clearer message...
- 21:46 Former U.S. officials urge Trump to talk with Iranian MEK group
- 21:46 New Year nightclub attacker caught in Istanbul - Turkish media reports
- 21:46 Comp: Win a pair of tickets to Chelsea v Hull at Stamford Bridge on...
- 21:45 The Istanbul New Year’s Eve nightclub attacker ‘has been caught’
- 21:43 Istanbul Reina nightclub attacker 'captured'
- 21:42 Jamie Carragher identifies the area Chelsea can be exploited by...
- 21:40 Illegal angler fined for fishing without a licence
- 21:40 Tesco is recalling Butter Chicken product as it contains nuts
- 21:36 BREAKING: Turkish police capture New Year's eve ISIS nightclub gunman
- 21:34 Liverpool legend slams Manchester United for "lack of class" in Old...
- 21:34 Thierry Henry: Why Chelsea's 3-4-3 system is so effective
- 21:33 Ivory Coast police fire teargas to disperse protesting students
- 21:32 Pregnancy weight gain not linked to early death in adulthood
- 21:32 Gentler exercise ‘can be just as effective’ as intense activity
- 21:31 'Wicked' man, 78, jailed for historic sex offences against children...
- 21:31 Blue Monday: 17 reasons why Derby folk should be cheerful in 2017
- 21:26 Boy, 17, admits Birmingham taxi stone attack
- 21:24 Mark Carney: Household debt and consumer spending a key focus amid...
- 21:24 Man in court admits hiring a prostitute in Derbyshire
- 21:22 Chelsea close to agreeing major striker deal - Sky Sports reporter
- 21:22 Businesses throw support behind £1m action plan for Derby's St...
- 21:22 Your pictures of REALLY bad parking in Derbyshire