Nissan chief urges Government 'clarity' on Brexit amid investment concerns
One of Britain's largest car manufacturers has been urged to continue investing after it said delays in Brexit negotiations could have a negative impact.
Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn spoke out to ask for guarantees from the Government, including compensation in case tax barriers are raised as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
His company's record-breaking plant in Sunderland, which has been active since 1986, employs almost 7,000 people who produce the Juke, Qashqai and Leaf models.
Talking at the Paris Motor Show, Mr Ghosn, who also runs France's Renault, said... read more
- 12:08 Halifax-based Quality Street announce return of the toffee deluxe
- 12:08 What can we expect to see in Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- 12:08 Big Brother’s Andrew Tate says women should ‘bear responsibility’...
- 12:07 Some Universal Credit claimants wait TEN WEEKS for money but the...
- 12:07 Crushed: What you can expect if you fly-tip in Birmingham
- 12:07 Memory match: Wolves 2 PNE 3, November 1983
- 12:07 Concern to be part of Ashington’s 150th celebrations
- 12:06 Nottingham Forest's current situation similar to Burton Albion at...
- 12:05 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:05 Charity farmers market helps out Egremont homeless hostel
- 12:05 Man who jumped into burning flat to save person following explosion...
- 12:05 Watch slow-mooooving traffic bring the M56 to a standstill
- 12:05 Seven properties to snap up at auction - including a stately home...
- 12:04 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:04 Pensioner jailed for part in £2.2 million drug dealing ring smashed...
- 12:04 Watch: Fearless mayor takes to the skies in charity wing walk
- 12:04 Watch: Dramatic moment car turns into fireball underneath the M6
- 12:03 White Helmets' bikes to go under hammer in Sherborne
- 12:03 Empty Market Square shop to be taken on and given £60,000 facelift
- 12:03 Festive spotlight on Harrogate as Christmas Guide is launched
- 12:03 Saracens fly-half Alex Lozowski signs contract extension as he...
- 12:03 Bridget Phillipson MP: Supported housing needs better funding
- 12:03 Woman who breastfeed a puppy and ‘fertilised’ one of her eggs with...
- 12:03 Something fishy going on at primary school
- 12:03 Confidence in police remains high - says latest report
- 12:02 ‘Appointments as usual’ during ‘emergency situation’ at medical...
- 12:01 Northern Ireland boss Michael O'Neill banned from driving for 16...
- 12:01 Real Madrid star Gareth Bale could be in line for return to...
- 12:00 Man who sourced heroin in Barrow is jailed after £3.7k drugs stash...
- 12:00 Dewsbury Moor overcome Saints to set up Woolston play-off final