Nissan chief urges Government 'clarity' on Brexit amid investment concerns
One of Britain's largest car manufacturers has been urged to continue investing after it said delays in Brexit negotiations could have a negative impact.
Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn spoke out to ask for guarantees from the Government, including compensation in case tax barriers are raised as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
His company's record-breaking plant in Sunderland, which has been active since 1986, employs almost 7,000 people who produce the Juke, Qashqai and Leaf models.
Talking at the Paris Motor Show, Mr Ghosn, who also runs France's Renault, said... read more
- 15:40 Prison recruitment drive sparked by safety concerns reaches it target
- 15:40 Big Pedal fortnight set to see thousands of parents and children...
- 15:39 Britons killed in Saudi Arabia crash
- 15:38 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:37 Chelsea vs Southampton: Full line ups and team news for FA Cup clash
- 15:36 Stoke 1-1 Burnley: Ashley Barnes equalises for Clarets in second...
- 15:32 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:32 Arsenal 4-1 West Ham: Late goals from Aaron Ramsey and Alexandre...
- 15:32 The Civic Society column with David Winpenny
- 15:31 TV star Paul O'Grady devastated after death of his beloved dog Olga
- 15:29 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:29 NHS staff and patients to celebrate ‘Experience of Care Week’
- 15:29 Thousands of fans pay tribute to Avicii at Coachella following his...
- 15:26 Lesbian mum told baby won’t be legally registered because she is gay
- 15:25 Rafael Nadal beats Kei Nishikori to win the Monte Carlo Masters for...
- 15:25 Courts: Man avoids jail despite attack with rounders bat
- 15:24 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:24 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:22 Can you pass the UK citizenship test? Take this quiz and find out
- 15:22 Funding boost for police operation targeting Calderdale's dangerous...
- 15:22 How much do London Marathon 2018 winners get in prize money?
- 15:21 Research reveals women are taking control of their finances
- 15:21 Police raid illegal Thai orgy and find ‘sweating middle-aged...
- 15:21 Majority get first choice school
- 15:21 Trump says North Korea nuclear crisis 'long way from conclusion'
- 15:19 Is the mini-heatwave over? What this week's weather has in store
- 15:19 Meeting to discuss access to cancer services for patients in Cumbria
- 15:18 WEEKEND WEB: Keeping people in their homes
- 15:18 Get the squad together: BBC Three is looking for mates to go on a...
- 15:18 Man arrested outside Birmingham Airport after 'threatening to shoot...