Nissan chief urges Government 'clarity' on Brexit amid investment concerns
One of Britain's largest car manufacturers has been urged to continue investing after it said delays in Brexit negotiations could have a negative impact.
Nissan chief executive Carlos Ghosn spoke out to ask for guarantees from the Government, including compensation in case tax barriers are raised as a result of the UK leaving the European Union.
His company's record-breaking plant in Sunderland, which has been active since 1986, employs almost 7,000 people who produce the Juke, Qashqai and Leaf models.
Talking at the Paris Motor Show, Mr Ghosn, who also runs France's Renault, said... read more
- 12:51 Quiz: Who said it - Donald Trump or Elon Musk?
- 12:51 How police spot a drink driver - even before they’ve stopped your car
- 12:50 Advice as trains from Banbury may be busy over bank holiday weekend
- 12:50 Salford fire trial: Two men guilty of murder
- 12:49 New Mayor bids to make town known
- 12:49 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:48 YP Letters: Ageing population grew up in real austerity
- 12:48 The Thing Is with Steve Canavan
- 12:48 Blackpool Transport announces 10p fare increase
- 12:46 How police spot a drink driver - even before they’ve stopped your car
- 12:46 Holiday park in Melton expands with £1 million investment
- 12:45 Vital work of Lancaster hospice featured on television
- 12:45 Spore heroes: unlocking the life-cycle secrets of the earliest land...
- 12:45 Russian pranksters discuss Putin and Skripal in call with Boris...
- 12:44 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:43 Manchester United close in on €50m Fred but balk at...
- 12:43 Sheffield warehouse in line for major revival with flats, shops,...
- 12:43 Car torched in arson attack close to Sheffield murder scene
- 12:42 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:41 Work on £1.5m transformation of derelict Carlisle pub underway
- 12:41 Sites block EU users before GDPR takes effect
- 12:40 Bank holiday scorcher predicted for Yorkshire
- 12:40 Sheffield warehouse in line for major revival with flats, shops,...
- 12:39 World Cup 2018: The best snubbed players who have not been selected...
- 12:39 Man Utd 'close' to sealing first summer signing, deal wanted done...
- 12:39 Jurgen Klopp warned that Champions League might NOT be enough for...
- 12:39 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is like Barcelona legend Johan Cruyff...
- 12:39 Scottish Government told about NHS Tayside dipping into charity...
- 12:39 Italy student flies home from Pakistan after forced abortion
- 12:39 Guide to Holland’s Keukenhof gardens + win a DFDS mini cruise worth...