Nine MPs refuse to explain why they choose to employ family members with taxpayers' cash
Nine MPs are employing their family members of the taxpayer funded payroll, despite calls for the practice to be banned.
It is entirely within the rules to employ members of family as an MP - but they have to declare if a family member receives more than £700 in a year for their work from parliamentary expenses.
Alex Cunningham, Emma Lewell-Buck, Grahame Morris , Iain Wright, Ian Lavery , Julie Elliott, Pat Glass, Ronnie Campbell and Sharon Hodgson all employ family members and declared their family members as employees in the latest register of interests for September.
Not one of the MPs... read more
- 21:17 Did you buy a 32GB iPhone 7? Then it could be EIGHT TIMES slower...
- 21:17 Jupiter becomes a massive smiley face in one of the last images...
- 21:17 How long should you let your kids go online for? Experts reveal...
- 21:14 Is Wonder Woman qualified to be a UN ambassador?
- 21:14 At least 53 dead after overloaded train derails in Cameroon
- 21:12 Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- 21:07 Scales of Justice: Harassment, criminal damage and assault
- 21:05 Former Royal Navy seaman jailed for exposing himself to women on buses
- 21:05 Watch Facebook pervert get snared by Dark Justice as he turn up to...
- 21:04 Chester's Northgate Arena shows it has solar flare
- 21:04 Walton Centre is named one of the best hospitals in the country
- 21:00 Toddler rushed to hospital with fractured skull after falling down...
- 20:59 Trafford Centre shoppers love 'John at The Orient' so much they...
- 20:58 Mòd set for Inverness in 2020 as it draws to a close in Western Isles
- 20:57 Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January...
- 20:52 U.N. appoints Wonder Woman as honorary ambassador amid outcry
- 20:44 Peru's wealthy president mocked for complaining about salary
- 20:42 PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber...
- 20:42 Aldi shoppers are warned to avoid Facebook voucher scam which could...
- 20:42 Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt...
- 20:42 New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- 20:35 New signing frustrated at Arsenal: I expected more of a starring role
- 20:33 Cheeky eBay user wants you to make him a millionaire - by buying...
- 20:28 Men bailed after dog found buried alive near Redcar with nail...
- 20:26 Invest in farmers to curb migration to urban slums, cities told
- 20:25 Clash over festive trees
- 20:25 Snapped: Liverpool star attempts to beef up as he looks to get back...
- 20:25 Four fire engines sent out to incident in Stone Lane, Chesterfield
- 20:24 Mexico missing students: Ex-police chief in Iguala arrested
- 20:22 Man United injury woes: Ace set for lengthy stint on the sidelines