Nine bus passengers killed on way to work by Indian missiles
Nine people were killed and 11 injured, Pakistani officials said.
Indian troops attacked the bus “with small and big arms” in the town of Lawat, senior police official Jamil Mir told Reuters.
Pakistan's military media wing, ISPR, said in a statement that seven people were killed and seven wounded.
Lawat is 60 miles northeast of Muzaffarabad, the capital of Pakistani-held Kashmir, in the upper belt of Neelum Valley that straddles the de facto border splitting Kashmir between India and Pakistan.
Indian officials did not comment on the deaths but a military spokesman said the Pakistani... read more
- 09:51 Blackpool: From the courts 27-04-18
- 09:51 Simon Weston dinner axed over low ticket sales
- 09:50 ‘We need darkness for our health’ councillors claim as they approve...
- 09:50 Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams did not have to slay...
- 09:49 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:49 UK growth in first quarter falls to 0.1%, says ONS
- 09:48 RBS profits treble to £792million in early 2018, as taxpayer-backed...
- 09:48 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:48 World Snooker Championship 2018 LIVE: Updates from Ronnie...
- 09:47 Leamington celebrate survival
- 09:46 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:45 The EFL and Football Supporters Federation launch new fan survey on...
- 09:45 Giannis Antetokounmpo shines as Bill Clinton watches from courtside...
- 09:45 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 09:44 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:44 Watch drink driver's wild ride which was caught on her own dash cam
- 09:44 DERBYSHIRE: Safeguarding training for taxi and bus drivers
- 09:43 Staff, students and parents at a Cumbria school have condemned the...
- 09:43 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:43 Have you seen missing Spalding man Szymon Janczewski?
- 09:42 Tributes paid to young Leeds man killed in Doncaster horror smash
- 09:42 Double-amputee climbs 2,700 steps using just her arms
- 09:42 Caught on camera in Leeds: Can you help police identify these people?
- 09:42 FEATURE: 'How HS2 has affected my life for the last seven years’
- 09:41 Couple fuming after 15 hour flight ends with them back at same...
- 09:41 CCTV APPEAL: Elderly Preston couple conned out of home and savings
- 09:41 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:41 Bourne Rotarians donate VR headsets to hospice
- 09:41 Halsey is going to freeze her eggs at 23
- 09:40 The best historic halls in Lancashire