Nikkei tumbles on Deutsche fears, financials down
Japan's Nikkei slipped on Friday after fears about the stability Deutsche Bank shook Wall Street and took a toll on financial shares, with the stock index paring its quarterly gain and logging weekly and monthly losses.
The Nikkei ended down 1.5 percent, or 243.87 points, at 16,449.84, down 1.8 percent for the week and 2.6 percent for September. But it was still up 5.6 percent for the July-September quarter.
Wall Street indexes posted sharp declines on Thursday, with Deutsche Bank's U.S.-listed stock skidding 6.7 percent as deepening concerns over the stability of the lender cast a cloud... read more
- 02:23 William Wilberforce brought back to life in virtual reality
- 02:20 YP Comment: Why Britain will always stand firm against terror –...
- 02:14 Thousands expected at Martin McGuinness's funeral in Londonderry
- 02:14 Detectives probe Westminster knifeman's terror rampage that left...
- 02:14 Post-Brexit vote fall in EU nationals working in UK 'driven...
- 02:14 Crime gangs exploiting corruption at European borders to smuggle...
- 02:14 Majority of women feel embarrassed breastfeeding in front of...
- 02:14 Balloon and sky lantern bans urged on councils by conservation group
- 02:04 Trump aide 'tried to hide' Russian payment
- 01:54 Drop in teacher training recruits revealed
- 01:50 Arsenal hero: Mesut Ozil should copy this Tottenham star
- 01:49 Trump sends holiday greetings to Iranians, does not mention travel ban
- 01:40 MPs honour the memory of PC Keith Palmer
- 01:37 Euro zone banks under scrutiny but none in danger watchdog says
- 01:37 Nicola Sturgeon says new independence referendum now “highly likely”
- 01:29 Kyle Edmund joins Dan Evans, Heather Watson and Aljaz Bedene as he...
- 01:27 Why is Spain in the middle of a spat between China and Taiwan?
- 01:25 Kabbage looks to raise money for acquisitions: sources
- 01:21 Is it safe to drink Fanta and Sprite in Nigeria?
- 01:19 England flanker Chris Robshaw returns for Harlequins as he aims to...
- 01:16 Warning over segregation in England's schools
- 01:16 Sinn Féin oppose any extension to Stormont talks deadline
- 01:16 Bill Clinton to attend Martin McGuinness' funeral
- 01:11 Star Wars updates: This is the CRAZIEST alternate Rogue One ending yet
- 01:09 Coronation Street spoilers: Phelan’s next victim? The killer...
- 01:09 Viewpoint: Life in the land of 'candle princesses'
- 01:09 Spain's female bodyguards who protect abused women
- 01:07 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE FALLS TO 1-1/2 MONTH LOWS
- 01:06 我的家乡温岭曾经连红绿灯都没有，而如今已有140万人口
- 01:06 Oil bounces off November lows, but bloated U.S. stockpiles pressure...