Nikkei tumbles on Deutsche fears, financials down
* Nikkei on track for weekly, monthly loss, though up for quarter
* Bank, financial shares slip on concerns about Deutsche stability
Japan's Nikkei slipped on Friday after fears about the stability Deutsche Bank shook Wall Street and took a toll on financial shares, with the Japanese stock index on track for weekly and monthly losses.
By the end of morning trade, the Nikkei was off 1.6 percent, or 258.10 points, at 16,435.61, down 1.9 percent for the week and 2.6 percent for September. It was still up 5.5 percent for the July-September quarter.
Wall Street indexes posted sharp declines on... read more
- 09:54 Knight’s Days: the Life at Westminster column with Sir Greg Knight
- 09:53 New anti-Brexit party focuses on single council to try and...
- 09:53 Fundraiser for Masterchef contestant who died in London Marathon...
- 09:52 Neymar ‘tells’ Real Madrid to complete Chelsea and Man Utd deals...
- 09:51 WATCH: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce talks Derby and the latest team...
- 09:51 West Brom emerge as a favourite to sign former Wolves man
- 09:51 Blackpool: From the courts 27-04-18
- 09:51 Simon Weston dinner axed over low ticket sales
- 09:50 ‘We need darkness for our health’ councillors claim as they approve...
- 09:50 Beyonce, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams did not have to slay...
- 09:49 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:49 UK growth in first quarter falls to 0.1%, says ONS
- 09:48 RBS profits treble to £792million in early 2018, as taxpayer-backed...
- 09:48 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:48 World Snooker Championship 2018 LIVE: Updates from Ronnie...
- 09:47 Leamington celebrate survival
- 09:46 The best historic halls in Lancashire
- 09:45 The EFL and Football Supporters Federation launch new fan survey on...
- 09:45 Giannis Antetokounmpo shines as Bill Clinton watches from courtside...
- 09:45 Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend
- 09:44 Burnley MP backs local 'health and care heroes' for NHS birthday...
- 09:44 Watch drink driver's wild ride which was caught on her own dash cam
- 09:44 DERBYSHIRE: Safeguarding training for taxi and bus drivers
- 09:43 Staff, students and parents at a Cumbria school have condemned the...
- 09:43 Carlisle's historic Waverley Viaduct set to reopen as river crossing
- 09:43 Have you seen missing Spalding man Szymon Janczewski?
- 09:42 Tributes paid to young Leeds man killed in Doncaster horror smash
- 09:42 Double-amputee climbs 2,700 steps using just her arms
- 09:42 Caught on camera in Leeds: Can you help police identify these people?
- 09:42 FEATURE: 'How HS2 has affected my life for the last seven years’