Nikkei tumbles on Deutsche fears, financials down
* Nikkei on track for weekly, monthly loss, though up for quarter
* Bank, financial shares slip on concerns about Deutsche stability
Japan's Nikkei slipped on Friday after fears about the stability Deutsche Bank shook Wall Street and took a toll on financial shares, with the Japanese stock index on track for weekly and monthly losses.
By the end of morning trade, the Nikkei was off 1.6 percent, or 258.10 points, at 16,435.61, down 1.9 percent for the week and 2.6 percent for September. It was still up 5.5 percent for the July-September quarter.
Wall Street indexes posted sharp declines on... read more
- 12:22 Horror as daughter of top EU official raped and murdered by Afghan...
- 12:19 Man loses eye after contact lens became infected by bacteria found...
- 12:18 Bournemouth v Liverpool: LIVE Premier League scores and updates...
- 12:18 Pendle nursery ‘overjoyed’ with national award
- 12:18 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:18 I’m longing for the day my son can tell me he loves me
- 12:17 Awards for High School students
- 12:17 Mercedes to sign Nico Rosberg replacement before end of the year,...
- 12:17 Christmas fundraiser showcases work of Dementia Support South Lincs
- 12:14 Turns out Liverpool ARE playing in the Champions League
- 12:13 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:13 Ironville and Codnor Park Primary School is 'inadequate'
- 12:13 Shop hopes to win licence by not selling super-strength alcohol
- 12:12 Man Utd Transfer News: Shock double Everton swoop, £60m Real raid,...
- 12:10 Derbyshire police investigates reports of historic child abuse in...
- 12:10 Teen’s tragic death is stark reminder on why not to drink or drug...
- 12:08 Award winning band set to play in East Lancashire
- 12:07 Two-car collision causing delays on the A38
- 12:07 Halloween boosts profits for Alton Towers owner
- 12:07 Mum campaigns for traffic lights outside North Wingfield primary
- 12:06 Donation made to food bank is a timely boost before Christmas
- 12:06 Grantham Journal letter: Centre has failed spectacularly
- 12:04 Matt Palmer wants to back up stunning first goal of the season for...
- 12:04 Bournemouth vs Liverpool LIVE: Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino...
- 12:03 Fire at large Derbyshire building
- 12:03 Police cordon and forensics outside Nottingham's Pryzm nightclub
- 12:00 Bluebell Hospice needs you!
- 11:58 River Trent search after person goes overboard from vessel
- 11:56 Euan McColm: Dublin love-in keeps indyref2 hopes alive
- 11:56 Alcoholic family from Stoke-on-Trent costs taxpayers more than £1...