Nikkei tumbles on Deutsche fears, financials down
* Nikkei on track for weekly, monthly loss, though up for quarter
* Bank, financial shares slip on concerns about Deutsche stability
Japan's Nikkei slipped on Friday after fears about the stability Deutsche Bank shook Wall Street and took a toll on financial shares, with the Japanese stock index on track for weekly and monthly losses.
By the end of morning trade, the Nikkei was off 1.6 percent, or 258.10 points, at 16,435.61, down 1.9 percent for the week and 2.6 percent for September. It was still up 5.5 percent for the July-September quarter.
Wall Street indexes posted sharp declines on... read more
- 12:23 Bayern Munich star Kingsley Coman considered leaving after...
- 12:23 Real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG or the Premier League? Where next for...
- 12:21 First photo of Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne renewing vows after she was...
- 12:20 Thousands feared to have donated to fake GoFundMe pages for...
- 12:20 Man feared wife was dead after 30ft ravine fall
- 12:20 Dundee United striker Simon Murray on his way to Hibs
- 12:20 Launch of indoor market
- 12:19 YP Comment: TV’s ‘action man’ – Blue Peter’s John Noakes is remembered
- 12:19 Barnoldswick music festival hit by tragedy
- 12:19 Dedicate a sunflower in memory of loved ones
- 12:18 Some young Hong Kong residents want to be part of Britain again
- 12:18 Somalia's al-Shabab stones man to death for adultery
- 12:17 Bayern Munich star hints at move: Chelsea said to have launched offer
- 12:17 Dot To Dot festival is 'one of the best dates on Nottingham's...
- 12:16 'There’s too much else going on to worry about instead of another...
- 12:16 Ben Davies staying at Grimsby Town after signing new one-year contract
- 12:16 Wanted violent attacker Sam Johnson arrested by Immingham police
- 12:16 Photographers pay tribute to fellow founding member of the...
- 12:16 Internet dating blamed for rape increase
- 12:15 WATCH: Fisherman fights off great white shark after it leapt INTO...
- 12:15 Britain's Got Talent 2017: Niels Harder promises 'very dangerous'...
- 12:14 Businesses show they are fighting fit for new partnership
- 12:13 Don’t panic, but this massive, horrible Australian spider has just...
- 12:13 Leamington facebook page reunites long-lost family
- 12:13 Kenilworth Grand Show promises day of fun
- 12:13 Police show off their dance moves at Radio 1 Big Weekend in Hull
- 12:13 Record number of English wine makers set up business last year as...
- 12:12 People who go to university are more likely to have affairs
- 12:11 Popular classic car garage Roman gets new owner
- 12:11 Security at Urdd National Eisteddfod stepped up after Manchester...