Nikkei tumbles on Deutsche fears, financials down
* Nikkei on track for weekly, monthly loss, though up for quarter
* Bank, financial shares slip on concerns about Deutsche stability
Japan's Nikkei slipped on Friday after fears about the stability Deutsche Bank shook Wall Street and took a toll on financial shares, with the Japanese stock index on track for weekly and monthly losses.
By the end of morning trade, the Nikkei was off 1.6 percent, or 258.10 points, at 16,435.61, down 1.9 percent for the week and 2.6 percent for September. It was still up 5.5 percent for the July-September quarter.
Wall Street indexes posted sharp declines on... read more
- 08:20 Tomorrow's cities - nightmare vision of the future?
- 08:20 Arsenal’s Hector Bellerin eyed again for Barcelona transfer
- 08:20 Stratford Masters impress in tough Worcester event
- 08:20 Humberside Police chief constable announces retirement
- 08:20 Green light given to plans for iconic Mytholmroyd store
- 08:19 How my doctors made me doubt my invisible illness
- 08:19 Road sealed off in Oldbury after man injured outside newsagents
- 08:19 The morning news headlines: Door won't shut on EU migrant workers -...
- 08:19 Cash grants of up to £25,000 up for grabs to help tackle mental...
- 08:18 Ross Taylor sends New Zealand records tumbling as unbeaten 102...
- 08:18 Leicester City must forget about title triumph, says Jamie Vardy:...
- 08:18 Fabio Cannavaro admits Tianjin Quanjian approach for Manchester...
- 08:18 Antoine Griezmann wants to 'carry on making history' at Atletico...
- 08:18 Scott Macnab: Indyref2 poses new arguments
- 08:18 Leicestershire weather: Sunny spells developing today. Wet and...
- 08:17 Chelsea facing transfer blow: Star set for Bundesliga move this summer
- 08:17 Uma Thurman ‘Turning down Lord of the Rings was one of the WORST...
- 08:16 Nurse who slept on duty is suspended
- 08:16 Arson investigation after 'toilet set on fire' during Slimming...
- 08:14 Students in Euxton learn about ‘British Values’
- 08:14 Bucket used to throw paint over car in Heysham
- 08:13 Trains and ferries cancelled after 500lb German bomb found in...
- 08:13 Lloyds annual profits soar to £4.24bn
- 08:13 Motorcyclist, 40, killed after colliding with parked van
- 08:12 New police chief inspector outlines ambitions for Grimsby
- 08:12 Surviving South Yorkshire D Day veterans offered free trip to...
- 08:12 Nearly 200 properties hit by power cut in Sheffield
- 08:12 US visitors lead rise in North West tourism figures
- 08:12 Everything you need to know to protect your kids' teeth
- 08:12 George Best: was he the greatest ever British footballer? Sheffield...