Nikkei slips as yen rebounds, China trade data disappoints
Oct 13 Japan's Nikkei share average gave up early gains and slipped on Thursday as the yen clawed back ground it had lost to the dollar, with sentiment further undercut by China's weak trade numbers.
Chinese exports in September dropped by a sharper-than-expected 10 percent from a year earlier.
The dollar skidded 0.4 percent to 103.73 yen, moving away from its Wednesday high of 104.49 yen, which was its highest level since late July.
The Nikkei slipped 0.4 percent to end at 16,774.24, moving away from last Friday's five-week highs.
The broader Topix finished flat at 1,342.31.
The JPX-Nikkei... read more
- 01:27 PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: Kerry Ka-toned up! Mum-of-five flashes...
- 01:27 Heidi Klum, 44, flaunts her svelte figure in striking black gown...
- 01:27 Fun in the city! Bella Hadid goes braless in white crop top and...
- 01:27 Love Island's Jess Shears goes for pyjama-chic while cosying up to...
- 01:15 Snooker player Joe Perry fined £2,500 and handed suspended...
- 01:15 British teenager Lando Norris to test drive with McLaren in Hungary
- 01:00 Celtic facing race against time to have striker Leigh Griffiths fit...
- 00:59 Facebook calls for a more people-centric security industry
- 00:57 Brexit EU migration study launched by Amber Rudd
- 00:56 Talking transfer records? Neymar embraces Paul Pogba after agreeing...
- 00:56 Xbox One X: First impressions, pre-orders and release
- 00:52 Mental health crisis services in England 'under pressure'
- 00:52 EastEnders spoilers: Whitney Carter still wants Mick as she returns...
- 00:47 Car production falls almost 14% as UK sales dip
- 00:45 Man Booker Prize: Arundhati Roy comeback novel on longlist
- 00:45 Sugar tax 'must not be used to plug school budgets'
- 00:45 Prince William starts last day as air ambulance pilot
- 00:43 Ashley Fletcher set for £6.5m move to Middlesbrough after...
- 00:41 Why did Justin Bieber cut his Purpose tour short?
- 00:41 Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson returns to Swansea first-team...
- 00:40 The businesses capitalising on 24-hour sunlight
- 00:39 US: Senate votes narrowly to start Obamacare debate
- 00:39 World leaders slam Russian sanctions
- 00:39 Hard-pressed Tories won’t ditch spycop
- 00:39 Underpaid care workers face long wait for wages
- 00:39 Court Scraps Tax on Justice at Work
- 00:37 West Brom seal two victories in one night as Jay Rodriguez grabs...
- 00:34 Nag Panchami 2017: Quotes, greetings, wishes, photos, messages...
- 00:32 Andres Gutierrez: I will ruin Carl Frampton's homecoming party
- 00:23 Rutherglen gents make the last eight of the Bowls Scotland finals