Nikkei's early gains unravel as yen rebounds
* Nikkei pulls back from 17,000 resistance as yen pares losses
* Suzuki shares rise on news of possible Toyota tie-up
Oct 13 Japan's Nikkei share average gave up early gains and slipped on Thursday as the yen clawed back ground it had lost to the dollar.
The Nikkei slipped 0.4 percent by midday to 16,774.26, moving away from last Friday's five-week highs.
"Resistance for the Nikkei lies around 17,000 today, and it is foreign exchange that largely determines whether or not it would be broken," said Yutaka Miura, senior technical analyst at Mizuho Securities.
The dollar skidded 0.5... read more
- 07:41 Former Newcastle star Andy Cole speaks for first time about his...
- 07:41 Rihanna turns 30: A closer look at the icon’s greatest moments in...
- 07:35 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:34 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:34 Elise Christie: Team GB speed skater WILL compete in 1000m short...
- 07:34 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:33 Sexual offences against children reported to police reaches a...
- 07:31 NEWS: Destiny 2 Crimson Days end time, Weekly Reset, Faction Rally...
- 07:31 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:31 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:31 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:30 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:27 Search after children 'shout for help' near River Wyre
- 07:27 Cumbrian water bottle promotion is slated by plastics campaigners
- 07:26 Man Utd want to sell Marcos Rojo to PSG because of Real Madrid as...
- 07:24 Rocket Ronnie off to flier at Guild Hall
- 07:22 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:22 Emmerdale spoilers: New pictures confirm Robert Sugden and Aaron...
- 07:22 Donald Anderson: Why Scotland’s pothole problem is here to stay
- 07:22 Coronation Street spoilers: Kate Connor and Rana Nazir together at...
- 07:21 William Hill fined £6.2m for lax controls
- 07:20 Violent dad jailed for attack on ex partner
- 07:20 RISE AND SHINE: Start your day with us
- 07:20 Paramedic bitten at hospital by a patient he was trying to help
- 07:18 William Hill to pay £6,200,000 for ‘social responsibility and money...
- 07:17 Chris Coleman: Right decision to join Sunderland
- 07:16 Jurgen Klopp to Real Madrid: Sky Sports pundit analyses surprise...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte criticised by Sky Sports pundit for...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Cesar Azpilicueta reveals which Barcelona player fans...
- 07:16 Probe into cause of blaze continues after death of man in Sheffield