Nikkei rallies on weaker yen, surprise OPEC deal
* Nikkei still seen rangebound, capped by investors' profit-taking
* Oil company shares jump as crude oil futures rally
Japan's Nikkei share average rose more than 1 percent on Thursday as investors took heart from a weaker yen and rallying oil prices after OPEC's unexpected agreement to trim crude output.
The Nikkei stock index was up 1.4 percent at 16,699.18 at the end of the morning session.
The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries agreed on Wednesday to limit its production to a range of 32.5-33.0 million barrels per day (bpd) in talks held on the sidelines of an energy... read more
- 20:44 Teacher says gallus former pupil who brutally attacked him can...
- 20:38 Shoreham air crash pilot to be charged with manslaughter
- 20:38 Council declares war on sugar and junk food
- 20:38 Busy Sheffield road gets multi-million revamp
- 20:33 Photographer's dilemma after spotting something incredible as bride...
- 20:32 Impressive Victoria Azarenka sets up Madison Keys clash as Katie...
- 20:31 These are the best Premier Fantasy League team names
- 20:31 Manchester United 'plot ambitious £50m summer move' as Jose...
- 20:24 Morning mail: Labor and Coalition under privacy pressure
- 20:24 Peru president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski resigns amid corruption scandal
- 20:22 Mark Zuckerberg admits ‘mistakes’ over protecting Facebook users
- 20:16 Boris Johnson compares Russia's World Cup to Nazi Olympics amid...
- 20:13 Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook made mistakes after data...
- 20:13 Manchester United prepare £40m bid for Raphael Varane to solve...
- 20:10 How do companies use my loyalty card data?
- 20:10 Liverpool star Emre Can explains Bayern Munich transfer decision...
- 20:10 Shoreham air crash: Pilot Andy Hill to be charged over deaths
- 20:09 Burton man in a critical condition after A38 crash near Fradley
- 20:05 Prepare for more extreme weather: Storms like the 'Beast from the...
- 20:05 Thought deleting your Facebook was enough? Firm and its advertisers...
- 20:02 Bargain Booze owner Conviviality must raise £125m to halt bankruptcy
- 19:58 Council gets tough on Priory Square
- 19:55 Liverpool legend Phil Thompson makes ‘pushover’ claim about Mohamed...
- 19:54 Memorial to victims of London terror attacks on anniversary
- 19:54 May told to fix fishing plans or rebels will sink Brexit deal
- 19:53 Son of former Coventry City star opens up about his grief following...
- 19:53 'Dead certs' - Experts covering Coventry City's promotion rivals...
- 19:52 Genetic profiling could breed cattle resistant to tuberculosis
- 19:51 Boris likens Russia World Cup to Hitler's Berlin Olympics
- 19:49 Long haul operator to land at Doncaster Sheffield Airport