Nikkei falls to 7-1/2-week low after U.S. shares fall; focus on debate
Japan's Nikkei share average dropped to a 7-1/2-week low on Tuesday morning after U.S. shares fell, while investors cautiously await the first U.S. presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump.
The Nikkei fell 1.5 percent to 16,299.84 in early trade, after hitting as low as 16,285.41, the lowest level since Aug. 5.
The broader Topix shed 1.5 percent to 1,315.40 and the JPX-Nikkei Index 400 declined 1.6 percent to 11,780.70. (Reporting by Ayai Tomisawa; Editing by Chang-Ran Kim)
- 12:09 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 12:08 ‘We need volunteers’: Burgh-le-Marsh Carnival is back
- 12:08 East Midlands Air Ambulance in demand
- 12:08 One in 13 has Type 2 diabetes, new figures show
- 12:08 New football academy will offer practical training and study in Oakham
- 12:08 Museum is back in business for 2017
- 12:07 MK Dons 5 Northampton Town 3 – match review, player ratings and...
- 12:07 Ministers covered up failed Trident test before crucial vote
- 12:05 Heydour Parish Hall hosts ’20s era jazz quintet
- 12:04 Jack Wilshere says Wayne Rooney is the best he’s played with and...
- 12:02 Police believe missing man could be in Cumbria
- 12:01 Hall ready to embark on revenge mission
- 12:01 Hugill hails PNE's character after firing them to Aston Villa point
- 12:01 Chorley 2, Altrincham 0
- 12:00 Indonesian authorities detain 17 nationals returning from Syria
- 12:00 Syrian army and allies take village from Islamic State
- 11:59 George Michael’s ex claims a sex drug addiction may have led to...
- 11:59 'Lightbulb' moment for Lindley Clock Tower 115 years after it was...
- 11:59 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is fed up with Reds goal trait
- 11:55 Aston Villa transfer rumour: Steve Bruce eyes Premier League swap...
- 11:55 Police investigating Perry Barr 'shooting' after reports of gunfire
- 11:55 Jonathan Kodjia has this message for Aston Villa fans after Preston...
- 11:54 Keates on Wrexham AFC's wasted chances and Rooney's goal
- 11:54 Chester FC 1 Wrexham AFC 1: How the players rated
- 11:53 Queen's chaplain resigns over Glasgow cathedral Koran row
- 11:53 Spaniel 'dumped over 6ft fence' in freezing conditions in West Malling
- 11:53 Countdown clock shows how long left until Donald Trump won’t be...
- 11:51 COLUMN: Moderation is key to a balanced diet
- 11:51 Derbyshire campaigners protest over divisive policies of US...
- 11:50 Jorge Mendes is working on these deals: How will it affect your club?