Nikkei falls on strong yen trend, ex-div adjustment
Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Wednesday, pressured by the yen's recent strength as well as ex-dividend share price adjustments.
The Nikkei dropped 1.3 percent, or 218.53 points, to end at 16,465.40. The ex-dividend price adjustment trimmed the Nikkei by about 115-120 points, according to market participants.
While the dollar firmed slightly against the yen on Wednesday, it was not far above a one-month low hit overnight.
Traders said financial sector sentiment was also hit by concerns over Deutsche Bank, with investors worried about the impact of a $14 billion fine.
The broader Topix... read more
- 17:46 PANTO REVIEW: Peter Pan, Mansfield Palace Theatre
- 17:44 This Chelsea star is so good it's like having an extra player on...
- 17:40 Extraordinary fundraising week at Wreake Valley Academy for...
- 17:40 Top TV picks
- 17:40 Saturday night film
- 17:40 135 years of history celebrated at Barrow Salvation Army special...
- 17:40 Festive fever comes to Barrow at the launch of popular grotto
- 17:38 Norway government wins backing for 2017 budget, prevents collapse
- 17:37 Mysterious figure dubbed the 'Ruskington Horror' spotted near Sleaford
- 17:37 The picture postcard views of Lincoln Christmas Market
- 17:36 80 homes heading to old Harvestime Bakery site
- 17:36 West Bromwich postcode strikes gold with £3 million lottery prize
- 17:35 Arsene Wenger says Arsenal midfielder Aaron Ramsey was not ‘100 per...
- 17:33 Church of England jumped on 'middle-class Brexit bandwagon', bishop...
- 17:30 Meet the prolific fundraiser donating 60 hampers to deserving...
- 17:26 West Ham v Arsenal: Live Premier League scores and updates from the...
- 17:26 Rutland leads the way with mental health care project for young people
- 17:26 Share views on post-16 transport in Rutland
- 17:24 Road in Leicestershire closed due to serious collision
- 17:24 Brave Bradley Lowery wishes supporters a Merry Christmas as he...
- 17:24 Cousin remembers 'angel' Paige Collier with touching tribute
- 17:23 12 ways being a student ruins Christmas
- 17:22 UK Championship: Mark Selby beats Shaun Murphy to reach third final
- 17:22 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos' last-minute header rescues...
- 17:21 Launch of new independent womenswear shop in Harrogate
- 17:20 Will you marry Smee? Actor pops the question at Mansfield's pantomime
- 17:20 Pep Guardiola concedes Chelsea’s Antonio Conte won the tactical...
- 17:20 Barcelona 1-1 Real Madrid: Late Sergio Ramos goal cancels Luis...
- 17:19 Man City v Chelsea chaos: Howard Webb speaks out on Sergio Aguero...
- 17:18 Police advise youngsters on how to stay safe