Nikkei falls as strong yen trend sours sentiment, ex-div adjustment adds to pressure
* Banks, insurance companies tumble
* Strong yen trend increases exporter earnings worries
By Ayai Tomisawa
TOKYO, Sept 28 Japan's Nikkei share average fell on Wednesday morning as a strong yen continued to sour sentiment, while ex-dividend share price adjustments pressured the market.
The Nikkei dropped 1.8 percent, or 295.32 points, to 16,388.61 at midmorning trade. About 115-120 points are cut from the Nikkei by the ex-dividend price adjustment, according to market participants.
With the dollar trading below 105 yen for about two months, investors are increasingly worried about Japanese... read more
- 08:51 Mining history showcased in new exhibition
- 08:51 No, these pterosaurs were not Jurassic puffins
- 08:50 WWE Smackdown results winners grades
- 08:50 Road still closed after huge South Yorkshire recycling plant blaze
- 08:47 World Cup 2018: Jamie Carragher wants England striker dropped and...
- 08:46 One in five people struggling with problem debts suffer from a...
- 08:46 FTSE LIVE: Markets bounce back as trade worries simmer down;...
- 08:46 Lucifer: the devil's charismatic but the show is predictable as hell
- 08:44 South Yorkshire Police steps in to protect man from forced marriage
- 08:44 Jack Wilshere brings an end to his 17-year Arsenal career
- 08:42 Chester FC: Stuart Murphy speaks on plans for his £1million...
- 08:39 Bernd Leno reveals chat with Unai Emery that convinced him to...
- 08:39 On the Mexican border desperate women face impossible choice
- 08:37 Turning back the clock to 1940s
- 08:37 Wooler holiday park helping wildlife trust
- 08:36 Concern for safety of missing Doncaster girl
- 08:35 Gambling firm hit with £2m penalty
- 08:35 Wigan sees a rise in recorded hate crimes
- 08:33 Boston boy lands top role in Will Ferrell’s new comedy Holmes and...
- 08:32 Man Utd News: Nemanja Matic drops Milinkovic-Savic hint, Martial...
- 08:30 Dogs ‘huddle together in fear’ before they’re slaughtered for...
- 08:30 Search for injured person after fight on Leicester playground
- 08:30 South Korea's Bithumb loses $31.5m in cryptocurrency heist
- 08:29 Ant McPartlin's estranged wife Lisa suspected he was dating her pal...
- 08:29 PICTURES: Zero Degrees Festival bursts into life with ‘Party In The...
- 08:28 Rail passengers ‘standing in loos’
- 08:27 Scotland's homelessness scandal laid bare as stats reveal household...
- 08:27 Poland football fan takes part of Arbroath FC history to World Cup...
- 08:27 Booze killing 22 Scots a week with alcohol death rate over eight...
- 08:27 Ex-Rangers boss Walter Smith's £320k damages claim is closed