Nikkei edges down in choppy trade as dollar off its highs; Tepco dives
* Tepco 3rd biggest pct loser on the board
* Dollar-yen dips below 104 yen in Asian trade
By Ayai Tomisawa
TOKYO, Oct 17 Japan's Nikkei share average edged down in choppy trade on Monday morning as the dollar is off its highs against the yen, while Tokyo Electric Power stumbled after an anti-nuclear candidate won a Japanese regional election.
The overall market's mood had been supported by a dollar being above 104.00 yen since Friday when upbeat U.S. retail sales data reinforced expectations for a December interest rate hike by the Federal Reserve.
But the greenback dipped below the 104.00... read more
- 13:51 How do tuition fees in the UK compare to other countries?
- 13:51 10 great things to do in Derbyshire this half term
- 13:51 Clitheroe KFC temporary closure as chain runs out of chicken
- 13:51 Liam Payne, 24, reveals what he and Cheryl, 34, disagree over...
- 13:51 Cash Isa savings rates begin to tick up
- 13:51 The Great North Air Ambulance a step closer to finding a new base
- 13:51 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:51 Stars of the future: The 50 most promising under-20 players in...
- 13:51 YP Letters: Dreading the closure of our local banks
- 13:51 KFC closures across Wigan borough - latest
- 13:49 NBA All-Star Weekend: Slam dunks, superheroes and a shaky anthem
- 13:47 Colorado Girl Scouts are now allowed to sell their cookies in front...
- 13:46 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:46 Pete Wishart rules himself out of SNP’s deputy leader race
- 13:45 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:44 Shocked Hucknall residents react to Strathmore Close ‘murder’
- 13:44 Have you seen missing 15-year-old Hannah?
- 13:43 New rules for Burnley street traders
- 13:42 Latvian central bank boss 'wanted bribe'
- 13:43 President’s Day 2018: What is closed on President’s Day?
- 13:42 Indian bank branch at centre of $1.8bn fraud is closed
- 13:42 BITCOIN NEWS: US giant says cryptocurrencies won’t spark financial...
- 13:43 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:43 Garry Ringrose in contention to face Wales after replacing injured...
- 13:42 Huge black holes spotted expanding ‘faster than their own galaxies’
- 13:42 Revealed: The best Harrogate GP surgeries according to NHS rankings
- 13:42 Suspected drug dealer jumped in duck pond: Police chase in...
- 13:42 West Midlands MEP Bill Etheridge says he'll probably stand to...
- 13:42 Will the North West’s new £500m trains ease the problems on our...
- 13:42 New dating site for Donald Trump supporters bans gay users