Nigerian judges probed as part of anti-corruption drive - presidency
Raids targeting senior Nigerian judges carried out by the country's security agency were part of an anti-corruption drive and were not an attack on the judiciary, a spokesman for President Muhammadu Buhari said on Sunday.
The Department of State Services (DSS) on Saturday said it seized $800,000 in cash found during raids on the judges' premises that were conducted in the last few days. It said the judges were from the supreme, appeal and high courts.
Buhari, a former military ruler, returned to power last year after winning an election largely fought on his promise to crack down on... read more
- 06:41 Middlesbrough turn down £6m Aston Villa offer for Jordan Rhodes -...
- 06:41 Steven Gerrard: Liverpool have to keep this star at Anfield
- 06:41 Thierry Henry: This Arsenal star could join Bayern Munich - Here’s why
- 06:40 UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Jan 19
- 06:40 Search to find Rushden’s unsung heroes
- 06:40 Tributes paid to former ET worker
- 06:40 Reassurance for Wellingborough residents concerned by number of...
- 06:39 North East news LIVE: Latest breaking news, sport, weather, traffic...
- 06:39 Horrific injuries after yob hurled brick through taxi window
- 06:39 Look: Raider holds knife to throat of Co-op worker in robbery
- 06:38 Stoke City news and transfer rumours LIVE: Shawcross hails...
- 06:38 Sleep rough for homeless
- 06:38 Drug service expands to Doncaster’s homeless
- 06:38 Improvement is needed for young people
- 06:38 Hartlepool United caretaker Sam Collins will have Pools ready for...
- 06:37 Man United deal eyed after national team warning: Club already in...
- 06:36 Allianz and Standard Chartered form bancassurance pact in Asia
- 06:34 Premier League stats: Who is the fastest attacker in the Premier...
- 06:33 In this week’s Herald . . .
- 06:32 Workers park van over three parking spaces at Morrisons
- 06:32 Spy-cam van patrols past school BEFORE parents break parking rules
- 06:32 Drivers say a complete ring road for Lincoln 'can't come soon enough'
- 06:31 U.S exchanges rent helicopter, drape banner in pursuit of Snapchat IPO
- 06:31 Asian investors see Trump stimulus sweet spot amid protectionism,...
- 06:28 British mothers drinking during pregnancy put us in worst five...
- 06:28 ‘Drug den’ in Spalding town centre disabled loo
- 06:28 'Unsafe' care home in Leek threatened with closure if drastic...
- 06:28 New escape rooms to open in Hanley
- 06:28 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:28 MP’s calls for link road action falls on deaf ears