Nigel Twiston-Davies: The New One is ready for a new career jumping fences
Nigel Twiston-Davies, the gelding’s trainer, said: “We didn’t think we were going to go over fences but we thought we’d try him and his schooling has been brilliant.
“As soon as the ground is right and we find the right race he’s ready to go.”
Twiston-Davies is convinced the apple of his eye would have won the 2015 Champion Hurdle had he not been hampered by a faller when he lost more than double the amount of ground he was beaten.
Twiston-Davies will run his World Hurdle hope Ballyoptic, unbeaten in his three hurdle races last term, at Chepstow on Saturday in the Silver Trophy.
Jump racing... read more
- 14:55 Nadine Coyle launches 2017 search for Specsavers Spectacle Wearer...
- 14:54 Commercial property: offices with added extras
- 14:54 Chelsea eye ambitious transfer of Bayern Munich star David Alaba
- 14:53 Neighbours spoiler: Is Toadie going to LEAVE Ramsay Street amid...
- 14:52 Yemen says it captures senior al Qaeda leader
- 14:52 Rabbit sale ban across Lincolnshire to stop Easter impulse buying
- 14:52 Would you still vote to leave the EU?
- 14:52 Shameful Derbyshire uncle threatened to use blow torch on niece’s feet
- 14:51 Derbyshire bird-watching spot destroyed by 'vandals'
- 14:51 Wizard of Wishaw John Higgins begins title quest in China with...
- 14:50 Echo and signed strip featured among time capsule items at new...
- 14:48 Takeaway delivery driver robbed of cash and hit in the head in...
- 14:48 Reports of Coca-Cola cans contaminated by human waste...
- 14:48 22-storey Pall Mall tower APPROVED - and other things we learned...
- 14:48 Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo used to CRY when this happened
- 14:45 POLL: If the EU referendum was held again today, how would you vote?
- 14:45 White Rose Shopping Centre celebrates 20 years with birthday bonanza
- 14:45 Wall St. set to open slightly lower
- 14:45 Trump to sign order sweeping away Obama-era climate policies
- 14:45 The best Easter eggs for kids - choose from Cadbury, Marks and...
- 14:45 A year on, regal Suu Kyi struggles to move Myanmar on from conflict
- 14:45 Easter eggs perfect for adults - choose from Lindt, Cadbury,...
- 14:45 The best luxury Easter eggs from Lindt to Prestat, Waitrose and more
- 14:44 Musical treat with top brass talent
- 14:45 London-Paris business and tourism partnerships announced
- 14:44 Having a hoot with new statues
- 14:44 Boxer helps spread word
- 14:44 Standing together in remembrance
- 14:44 Shock as education chief passes away
- 14:44 Tributes pour in for much-loved councillor