Nigel Pearson leaves Derby following bust up with owner Mel Morris with Chris Powell set to take over
Nigel Pearson has left Derby by mutual consent, the Sky Bet Championship club have announced.
The 35-year-old had been suspended since September 27 following a meeting with owner Mel Morris at the club's training ground.
The club said in a statement: 'Derby County Football Club can today confirm that they have mutually agreed to part company with Nigel Pearson with immediate effect.
'As a result of the mutual termination of Nigel Pearson's employment agreement with Derby County any disciplinary process has now ceased.
'The board of Derby County will now turn their attention to appointing... read more
- 17:29 Chelsea complete hat-trick as Diego Costa, Antonio Conte and Pedro...
- 17:29 Marc Diakiese slams ‘weak mind’ of Frankie Perez as flamboyant...
- 17:29 UEFA charge Zorya Luhansk over crowd trouble during Europa League...
- 17:29 First drive: 2017 Mercedes E 350 d
- 17:28 Friends double up their Christmas lights after neighbour calls them...
- 17:28 100 residents & businesses attend flood defence meeting in South...
- 17:27 Ireland says euro fiscal rules constraining its investment needs
- 17:27 Murdoch's Twenty-First Century Fox bids $14.1 billion for UK's Sky
- 17:26 Boss reveals Chelsea ace has been bombarding him with texts: He...
- 17:25 Van blaze on A483 causes heavy traffic near Welshpool
- 17:23 Police chief calls for minimum pricing on alcohol
- 17:22 Tottenham prepare for Manchester United clash at Old Trafford with...
- 17:22 Manchester United star Paul Pogba gives his shirt to a fan causing...
- 17:21 Blackmailer guilty of making man's life "hell"
- 17:21 Lorry and car collide on Bramshall Road
- 17:21 Glider pilot's inquest opens
- 17:21 Louth man (31) to face rape trial next month
- 17:19 Gardener’s appeal after thieves steal van
- 17:18 Tragic star Savenaca Koroibulileka’s wife and sons attend memorial...
- 17:18 It’s beginnning to look a lot like Christmas in Bourne
- 17:18 Ex-Swiss banker goes home after U.S. loses extradition from Germany
- 17:18 Departing Gregory hails ‘brilliant’ Stratford Town supporters
- 17:17 Drivers spend 11 hours stuck in Castle Street traffic jams in one...
- 17:17 University ‘tells gay student to keep quiet after classmates tell...
- 17:17 How Nokia and Motorola mobile phones are among classics selling for...
- 17:17 New road signs proudly welcome visitors to Hull UK City of Culture
- 17:16 Marcus Rashford will be a centre-forward, says Manchester United...
- 17:16 Police capture convict hiding under van
- 17:14 Breast cancer drug ‘unfairly blamed’ for side effects
- 17:12 Burlington School’s brush with success in art competition