Nicola Sturgeon says there 'may well be argument' for Brexit deal vote
Nicola Sturgeon has said there "may well be" a case for putting the Brexit deal to voters for their approval once it has been decided.
The Scottish First Minister spoke out after condemning the ''xenophobic rhetoric'' of the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, with Ms Sturgeon insisting she ''would absolutely stand full square square " with any company which refused to list foreign workers.
The proposal - which Ms Sturgeon branded "disgraceful" - was put forward by the Tories along with plans for more UK students to get access to medical degrees to reduce... read more
- 07:08 Standing up for rail service
- 07:08 Spread the green suburbs across the city
- 07:08 Graffiti at Square
- 07:08 Grave matters at Sheffield Cathedral
- 07:08 The yeast from the east: six wines to try from eastern Europe
- 07:08 Seven ways to improve your memory
- 07:08 How IVF became a licence to print money
- 07:06 How to change a light bulb
- 07:04 From 1966 to Lineker’s hat-trick: England’s best-ever World...
- 07:04 England’s worst-ever performances at the World Cup
- 07:03 Mexico partied so hard after victory over Germany they set off...
- 07:01 Arsenal transfer news: Lucas Torreira deal close, Sky Sports man...
- 07:01 Man Utd transfer news: Real Madrid ace Toni Kroos 'opens door' on...
- 07:00 England World Cup quiz: How much do you know about the squad?
- 06:59 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash
- 06:59 Birmingham's silent killer - 900 a year die but nobody talks about it
- 06:59 The Birmingham children spending half a year living in B&Bs
- 06:59 Birmingham dad left paralysed 'minutes after being discharged' from...
- 06:53 Liverpool transfer news: Jurgen Klopp has convinced starlet Rhian...
- 06:53 Leeds Council member for children joins Yorkshire-wide call for...
- 06:53 City hosts celebration of the vegan lifestyle
- 06:53 Watch classic movies under the stars in Leeds city centre
- 06:47 Counterfeiting story is the real deal, say prize judges
- 06:47 Glasgow’s ‘ring’ of rock art sheds light on prehistory
- 06:46 Seals forced to dive off cliffs after yobs start throwing rocks...
- 06:42 Tannery goes hell for leather for expansion
- 06:42 Debit card payments overtake cash
- 06:42 John Lewis trial buy-back scheme for clothing
- 06:41 Man Utd transfer news: Red Devils dealt HUGE blow as Barcelona...
- 06:40 Carriageway closed on M55 after crash