Nicola Sturgeon says there 'may well be argument' for Brexit deal vote
Nicola Sturgeon has said there "may well be" a case for putting the Brexit deal to voters for their approval once it has been decided.
The Scottish First Minister spoke out after condemning the ''xenophobic rhetoric'' of the Conservative Party conference in Birmingham, with Ms Sturgeon insisting she ''would absolutely stand full square square " with any company which refused to list foreign workers.
The proposal - which Ms Sturgeon branded "disgraceful" - was put forward by the Tories along with plans for more UK students to get access to medical degrees to reduce... read more
- 18:23 Ander Herrera reveals amazing secret about Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- 18:22 Birmingham Moseley taking nothing for granted against struggling...
- 18:22 Aldi to open SIXTH Coventry store - and they're hiring
- 18:21 Squash is a ‘great’ sport to teach, say Doncaster brothers
- 18:21 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Sheffield man accused of sexually assaulting vulnerable women says...
- 18:20 Appeal to trace South Yorkshire owner of stolen rose gold iPhone 6
- 18:20 Fire breaks out at Bangladesh central bank
- 18:20 Cobblers winger Sonupe joins Kidderminster on loan
- 18:20 EU refugee policy unsustainable, says Council of Europe commissioner
- 18:19 Mum sobs in court after smashing up equipment at Lincoln hospital
- 18:17 Two men jailed after trying to sell handgun linked to terrifying...
- 18:17 Pointless presenter Alexander Armstrong left unnerved by THIS...
- 18:17 REVEALED: 14 ways to keep kids entertained on flights WITHOUT...
- 18:17 Anti-ageing drug could be on the market in three years, say scientists
- 18:16 Mark McGhee urges Scotland fans to turn out in numbers for Slovenia...
- 18:16 Watch as Leicester mum shaves her head for charity
- 18:16 Bayern Munich being sued after Manchester United incident
- 18:16 Amber Valley residents urged to remain vigilant after several...
- 18:16 Southampton star Nathan Redmond reveals England aim
- 18:15 Your Kodi box could soon be declared illegal
- 18:15 London attack: Home secretary says don't blame intelligence agencies
- 18:14 Moldova says no response from Russia on money-laundering probe
- 18:14 How your breast milk changes depending what time of year it is
- 18:14 Granit Xhaka confident Arsene Wenger will stay on at Arsenal
- 18:13 Updates: 'Armed police' surround house in Scunthorpe town centre
- 18:13 Former soldier holds race night to say thank you
- 18:13 Duns Camera Club winners
- 18:12 'Migrant wave’ has exposed EU weaknesses, admits German...
- 18:12 Would YOU eat these meals? Bake Off's Prue Leith backs campaign for...