Nicola Sturgeon: Inclusive approach needed in Brexit talks
Nicola Sturgeon has urged the UK Government to take a more inclusive approach to negotiations on leaving the European Union (EU) as talks get under way in Brussels.
Scotland’s First Minister renewed calls for the devolved administrations to have a seat at the table during the Brexit discussions, describing the current situation as “troubling”.
She warned UK Brexit Secretary David Davis that a failure to pursue the “common-sense” objective of keeping the UK in the single market would put jobs, investment and living standards “on the line”.
Speaking during a visit to the University of... read more
- 09:07 South Tyneside business investigated over under-age booze sales.
- 09:07 Works starts on £750,000 revamp at South Shields pub
- 09:07 Volunteer group aims to give East Boldon library bright future
- 09:07 Poliuce hunt man after South Shields stabbing
- 09:07 Residents unhappy about possible hospital merger plans
- 09:07 Jarrow prisoner in social media phone probe
- 09:07 Calls for A19 safety inquiry grow louder
- 09:06 Tom Petty’s family hope accidental drug overdose report will help...
- 09:04 Draw Your Mum: Make Mother’s Day special with our creative project
- 09:04 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 09:03 BIG INTERVIEW: Peter and Kath Mason
- 09:03 They speak for you – but how loud are Calderdale MP's voices in...
- 09:03 Drunk man ‘hammered on door’ in Skegness because he was lost
- 09:03 Derbyshire council tax rise will help 'rising numbers' of needy...
- 09:02 North East MEP Jonathan Arnott resigns from UKIP
- 09:01 Latest news from Belford History Society
- 09:01 How to get rid of piles - and always do this to prevent...
- 09:01 Flu epidemic: the hell of being ill when you’re a parent, and how...
- 09:00 No football snobs at St Johnstone, says Murray Davidson
- 09:00 Raith Rovers can open up a gap at the top
- 09:00 Dundee’s Jon Aurtenetxe hoping for cup success in Scotland after...
- 09:00 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang focused on other things, hints Borussia...
- 08:59 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:55 Federer controversy mounts as Cash admits star has 'UNFAIR...
- 08:53 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:52 Brothers ordered to pay back £167,650 of modern slavery gains
- 08:50 Crunch summit to decide South Yorkshire devolution deal
- 08:47 Australian Open Day 7 schedule: Order of play with Nadal, Wozniacki...
- 08:45 Flasher exposes himself to girl on her way to school
- 08:43 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more