Nicklas Bendtner scores his first Nottingham Forest goal and the internet loves it
It was exactly 1,000 days since his last goal in England, but Tuesday night was a momentous occasion for Nottingham Forest striker Nicklas Bendtner.
The Reds striker lashed home a fine side-footed volley on the hour mark to put his side 1-0 up against Fulham, marking his first Reds Championship start with a goal.
Unfortunately for the home side, they couldn't hold on and were pegged back 12 minutes later, but that didn't stop the internet crashing to its knees.
One of football's most famous sons, Bendtner last netted in this country January 2014, on New Year's Day for Arsenal against... read more
- 01:23 Cars submerged in dramatic floods and homes left without water...
- 01:13 'Get help' plea from family of mum who took her own life
- 01:11 Turkey coup trial: Court to jail 104 ex-military for life
- 01:08 Rival captains make case to Fifa for Paolo Guerrero's World Cup...
- 01:05 Blind playoff of Stradivarius violins and new ones leaves old...
- 01:00 Moped crime: New rules to protect police pursuit drivers
- 00:51 College’s dementia cafe is to become a regular event
- 00:42 Pauline Hanson to oppose corporate tax cuts in fresh backflip
- 00:42 Meet Bon and Pon: the Japanese retirees making coordinated outfits...
- 00:40 Sudoku 4066 medium
- 00:36 Roadworks Round-up: Where you may face delays in the Hartlepool...
- 00:27 Marawi one year after the battle: a ghost town still haunted by...
- 00:20 MPs push for Myanmar regime to face international criminal court
- 00:20 Right to see Parole Board decisions comes into force
- 00:20 Benefit sanctions found to be ineffective and damaging
- 00:20 North Korea summit: Pence warns Kim Jong-un not to 'play Trump'
- 00:17 Barrow man arrested on suspicion of sex assault following visit...
- 00:17 Dolphins bully porpoises, researcher discovers
- 00:17 Six times as many new medical students from London as from north-east
- 00:17 Sex education given LGBT-inclusive overhaul in Wales
- 00:12 Who is to blame for 'self-driving car' deaths?
- 00:11 MoD faces £2.9bn nuclear funding gap, say auditors
- 00:11 South Korea's Moon heads for Trump talks to try to keep summit on...
- 00:09 Parents of girl, 3, killed by poorly sighted pensioner campaign for...
- 00:05 Could smartphones replace bank branches?
- 00:05 Fuel price rise threatens consumer spending
- 23:56 Century-old tumours could shed light on rare childhood cancers
- 23:54 De Blasio to NYPD: stop arresting New Yorkers smoking marijuana on...
- 23:54 Grinning George finds his smile in Harry and Meghan’s official...
- 23:40 Man arrested in Barrow on suspicion of sex assault following visit...